[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I fix this? keep in mind that i'm very poor so going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170701_213105.jpg (890KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170701_213105.jpg
890KB, 1200x1600px
how do I fix this? keep in mind that i'm very poor so going to a dermatologist or buying Accutane is off the table
>>
Look into Paleo diet. A decent amount of people experience a hormone level reset and that sort of thing is among the reported "improvements".
>>
tier your hair when you sleep
clean your pillows and sheets
drink enough water
sleep 8 hours
get a good cleanser and mousterizer

that's it, I did all that and lost my acne in 1 summer
>>
>>18475982
've alrady cut out dairy and high sugar based foods
>>
>>18476010
Carbs may be part of the problem.
>>
drink water and make sure to wash your sheets, those are basics if you can't afford any higher end facial products
>>
>>18475958
First off, FUCK everyone who says "Change your sheets, drink more water, or change your diet"

FUCK them, they don't know what we're dealing with.
Their assumption is that we're dirty people who aren't behaving like clean people.
>You must eat only chocolate and Coca Cola.
Fuck them.

Eating greasy food does not make your skin greasy. Not implying you eat greasy food at an over abundant rate, but still, it's true.

I'm almost 30 and I still deal with acne.
I know the fucking face ruining bastard.

What you got, you need acutane or something like it.

If you you can't afford it because you are American, then you will have that till you die. Thems the rules. Pay for acutane or deal with that face forever.
It won't go away naturally.
Mine didn't
>>
>>18476032
>Dont listen to guy that got rid of his acne!
>Trust me, I still have acne!
>>
>>18476037
I'm saying I did all those things.

I did every little trick
It doesn't matter.

If you have the gene for it, you gonna have it.
It's like epilepsy
You can't change what you have inherently
>>
>>18475958
My acne is almost all gone after I started doing this
>soak face with warm water
>wash with "biore deep pore charcoal cleanser"
>rinse wash with warm water and then COLD water
>apply "nivea gentle toner" with cotton balls
>apply light layer of "bio-oil"
>"hydrocortisone acetate" ($25, no idea if it helps with acne but it helps with my dark spots caused by acne)
>take "teva-doxycycliine" pill ($50, but it WORKS, cured friends acne when it covered their whole face and they had only used half the bottle)
>also clean sheets, blanket, pillowcase, etc
>DON'T touch face
>DON'T pop pimples, it causes more acne
>>
>>18476032
gee thanks for the uplifting reply pal
>>
>>18476032
Fuck you, the assumption isn't that you're dirty people but your ignorance is obvious. Even a small amount of oils adds up. You're 30 and still dealing with acne, obviously whatever you're doing isn't working.
>>
>>18476045
thats a garbage mentality

you probably did all that for a week and saw 0 results so you gave up.

Its a change of lifestyle and a slow process
>>
>>18476080
>>18476084
Fuck you both

Just imagine, strain your imagination for this, that a person can be born with a propensity for maybe 10% more sebaceous oils to be made after puberty.

You know what the result of that would be? Acne. Fucking acne.

It doesn't matter what you eat, your body will always make MORE sebaceous shit.

That can happen and it does happen.

It's not "lololololol he eats pizza too often"
Fuck you two for thinking that it does.

I still change pillows every fucking night. I've done it for 10 years. Do you think that my body somehow recognized this and decided "Oh jeez he's making an effort, better stop these independent internal glands"

No.

Acne is a disease. You get fucking MEDICINE for it. No amount of societal pressure will make your skin, your biggest organ, change how it works.
Yeah, you think your organs have a fucking direct semantic connection to how you think?

Retards. Your organs do what they do.

Some people get Type 1 diabetes. Some people get acne
>>
Use African Black Soap. It's basically made out of charcoal. So basically like charcoal soap. Shit works fucking wonders. I had acne like yours, but that soap saved my life. You can get it at Walmart for like 2 bucks.
>>
>>18476115
wrong. I never said it has anything to do with eating pizza you dumb fuck. Acne isn't a disease, it's a symptom of improper skincare and also a bacterial infection.
>>
>>18476176
And I'm saying you're dead wrong.

I've done EVERYTHING in proper skincare. I've bleached my skin. Not even my own fucking cells could survive what I did to my skin. Peeled it for days.

Like I said, it's like Type 1 Diabetes.

Some idiot will always say "Lol, stop drinking sugar, STUPID, moron".
>>
>>18475958
Noah?
>>
>>18476115
Bro, did you get on accutane? I did a couple of years ago and it was succesful but now I'm getting it back.

You're exactly right about everything you've said. There isn't much you can do about hormonal cystic acne. These people probably have those small zits or whiteheads and are able to eliminate acne with lifestyle changes.
>>
>>18476251
I was/am borderline

My face gets one every other month.
My back has one constantly.

As a teen it was bad, as an adult, it's as I just described. Docs won't give me anything strong enough to end it.

I just need to live with the fact that I will ALWAYS have multiple pimples on my body.

I have one on my fucking EYE now. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>18475958

Severe cystic acne is often a result of genetics and not necessarily tied to diet or changing your bed sheets. Your only option that will be guaranteed to help you is accutane. There are other anti biotics and topical retinoids that may help but it's worth the money to just go for the accutane.
>>
>>18476032
Agreeing with this guy. I have had cystic acne for 5 years. Bad enough to get denied joining the army.

Nothing has helped me in 5 years (including a great diet and great hygiene) but I was just prescribed retin A which I'm trying now.
>>
>>18476332
>bad enough to get denied joining the army

what the fuck is wrong with them? i'm so sorry about that
>>
STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE, STOP SCRUBBING THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR FACE, STOP DRYING THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR FACE WITH CLEANERS.

you destroy the bacterial balance of your skin with cleaners, then scrape up your face creating small cuts and loose skin that creates perfect breeding grounds, then you dry your face out of it's natural oils creating dry dead skin, then you touch your face and introduce bacteria to this now clean, but horribly effective breeding ground with no defenses.

it sounds counter intuitive, but you need to stop cleaning your face so much. then you need to sweat more, and you need to essentially do a bacterial transplant. sounds gross but there's an entire new field of science surrounding microfauna tweaking of the human body now. stop cleaning your face so fucking much, go to a gym with a lot of people with no acne, and just work out. you will pick up their microfauna, it will defend your face.

>inb4 pharma shills that target 4chan because young people

I tried just about every product on the market. then I started using just cold water on my face and my acne went away in a month. no scrubbing, no expensive cleaners, no bullshit.

your face will get oily as shit for a little while, it's because it's been trying to moisturize itself as you've been drying it out. it will get back to equilibrium soon. you will break out as your immune system repairs all those cuts and dead skin you created. then you will clear up. you may get a few more breakouts over the next year or so as your microfauna sort of reaches equilibrium.

I haven't had acne in over like 7 years now and only ever use soap on my face if there's an actual reason to, like car grease, or actually getting dirty in some way. otherwise, just water. I've literally had maybe 20 zits in the last 7 years since I started this, most caused by irritating the shit out of my face with shavers and getting ingrown face hairs.

also, guys, get an electric shaver. no more ingrown hairs.
>>
>>18476410
I like those shavers with the three heads in a triangle pattern. I got a small rash the first few times but after that it's all gucci and it's nice.
>>
>>18476410
>looks guys, I stubbed my toe once, and when I let it heal, I had full use of my leg. Stop complaining, faggots in a wheel chair, do what I did. Let your big toe heal. Soon you'll be walking just like I am. Seriously, you wheelchairfags are too stupid not to keep bumping your big toe. Stupid fucks. Just stop lol
>>
>>18476432
exactly. I stopped shaving for the longest time because bladed shavers literally cut too close for me and I end up with hair beneath the surface of my skin. I look terrible with facial hair btw. now I can shave and no problems.
>>
>>18476443
I can tell you're the same faggot as >>18476115
and >>18476032
because you suck at forming an actual point and just use hyperbole.
>>
>>18476443
fuck off nigger. I have zero time for your whining. I did two years of research on all this shit before arriving at my conclusions and I tried just about every product on the market for three years before that. stop being a faggot. what do you have to lose by trying other than acne? give it two months.
>>
The lifestyle advice is well-meant, but pretty fucking useless. Like that one guy said above, you can do everything completely right and still have acne. >>18476176 you don't know what you're talking about, stop trying to give advice about this

At its heart acne is caused by bacteria, not by poor hygiene or diet. You get acne when your pores are clogged, creating an environment where P. acnes (the bacteria) can grow. Obviously poor hygiene can result in clogged pores, but you can wash daily and still have them - overactive sebaceous glands lead to plugs of oil and dead skin, and no amount of scrubbing can fix that, because all the action is happening beneath the surface, well below the level your soap and wash cloth can reach. Some people are born with overactive sebaceous glands, some aren't. it's genetic.

If you have light to moderate acne, changing your pillowcase more often and washing more frequently can help (there's no evidence that diet has any effect at all). if you've struggled with chronic acne for years like the OP, it's because you have an infection, and none of that shit will help.

In the short term, you need antibiotics to beat the infection.

In the long term, you need accutane, to correct your overactive sebaceous glands.

It's cold advice, I know, maybe useless advice if you truly don't have the money to go to the dermatologist, but it is the way it is. If you're washing regularly and you still have bad acne and it's just not going away, you need medication, and nothing else will suffice. I wish I had better news, but it's better to know the truth than waste your energy trying a bunch of bullshit that'll accomplish fuck all (though living healthy is still good on its own merits of course)
>>
>>18476468
how the fuck can you say I don't know what I'm talking about and then repeating exactly what I just said?
>>
>>18476468
>you need accutane
how much are you paid an hour?
>>
>>18476471
I didn't repeat what you said. You may know acne is caused by an infection, but you're one of the people arguing with the guy who's saying severe acne is almost entirely caused by genetics and requires medication to cure, which is correct. You're claiming that it can be cured through
>proper skincare
and
>a change of lifestyle and a slow process
which isn't. (I don't know whether >>18476084 was also your post but that's obviously the stance you're taking.)

Obviously acne doesn't just have one cause. Different people can have acne for different reasons, some people can see noticeable improvements by making "lifestyle changes," but chronic, severe acne (like the OP has) won't be fixed by that, and if you tell him anything other than "it's not going to improve until you see a professional and get put on a course of medication" you are wrong.
>>
>>18476489
Har har.

Unfortunately I'm not being paid for these posts, I just understand the science behind retinoids like accutane (and acne itself) and consequently what makes accutane work. I'm not claiming to be a dermatologist, but I can certainly read a medical paper, and I ate up all the material I could find on this before I went on accutane myself, years ago, because it has some very scary purported side effects and I wanted to know as much about it as possible before putting it in my body (fortunately there's virtually no evidence for the scariest side effects - it hasn't really been linked to depression or suicide). I wish I'd had somebody to sum it all up for me back then. That's why I'm posting.

if you still think I'm shilling for Big Pharma, then I'll say this: accutane is not a particularly comfortable drug to be on. It's not the worst but it's not much fun. They monitor you closely while you're on it, annoyingly so, and some of the relatively minor side effects (light sensitivity, achiness, hair loss, initial acne flare-ups) can be unpleasant. But even though it can be uncomfortable, it's safe, and it works.

His dermatologist (if he could afford one) almost certainly wouldn't put him straight on a course of accutane, either - that's usually the last resort. they'd explore other methods first, probably antibiotics, and if that killed the infection & brought his acne down to acceptable levels, they wouldn't put him on accutane at all, and a good thing, too.
>>
I've found that using soap on area of acne would be a factor
Using soap raises the PH from acidic to close to neural which allows bacteria to grow easier on ur skin
Research the correct PH for ur skin
>>
>>18476347
Pretty sure he was denied because of risk of infection if it popped during P.T and got on other people. Kinda a bio hazard they didn't want to deal with.
>>
How difficult would it be to get girls with severe acne like that?
>>
Go to a dern anon, it's worth it, make it work.
Remember everyone sees your face everyday so why not invest in it?
I have my first derm appointment next week and can't wait, im 22 and this shit face acne is only getting worse no matter how much I wash sheets, don't touch, etc. I literally hate my face so much, it's the only thing thats holding me back in life
>>
>>18475958
>keep in mind that i'm very poor
And you are saying this when you are posting from a $500 smartphone on the internet.
>>
>>18476045
Take you, your harrowing acne and your shit tier reddit bait spacing back to the website that was designed and designated for horrific shits like you
>>
>>18477113
no but from my$400 dollar laptop that I've had for years now
>>
>>18477113
What the fuck? Are you under a rock or something? You can get a great smartphone under $100 these days and an unlimited monthly plan for under $30.
>>
Take large doses of pantothenic acid (vitamin b5)
>>
I used to have pretty bad acne like pic related. Like others said before, I think a clean diet is important. Eat fruits and vegetables instead of soda or junk food, drink water instead of any other liquid. I wouldn't recommend using anything on the face, I think soap or other products dry out the face and make it worse (personal experience). Exercise is very good for it too and try not to touch yourself too much.

Hope it works out for you OP. I used to struggle so much, but for me these simple things helped.
>>
Looks like cystic acne, which you may need to see a doctor for to get rid of (well, you can't get rid of it but you can treat it to the point where you basically get rid of it)
>>
>>18475958

Average cost of Accutane treatment in the US is about $500.

Get a job, sell stuff or do yard work.

Most people say it is worth it. Why wait?
>>
>>18477731
you forgot to mention that it's $500 per month for a minimum of 6 months.
>>
>>18475958
Damn why does the human body do this to itself?
>>
>>18475958
Wash your face everyday with some face washes, find one that suits you, and eat healthy/drink water more often
This looks simple af but trust me i've had worse than pic related and when I was more health conscious acne problem started to disappear
>>
>>18476065
Don't fall into the "face masks are for women!" trap either. Use a face mask or two. They'll at the very least clean some of that grease off. Sorry you got screwed OP.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (43KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
43KB, 400x533px
y-y-you know who you are
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.