/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to deal with depression/shitty feels by conciously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Is it possible to deal with depression/shitty feels by conciously making an effort to look at things positively? After listening to a podcast where the person being interviewed basically said everything in life comes down to positive and negative energy, every thought action literally every motivation either has a positive or negative energy, I started to try and look at things more positively and feel alot better, but what I'm wondering is if it actually effects neurotransmitters in the brain, and if one can overcome depression by sheer willpower of positivity. has anyone every dealt with any of this?
>>
yes, this has a tremendous effect and too many people believe they simply have zero control over their outlook
>>
File: CBoQ4InUkAAUo7E.jpg (61KB, 600x908px) Image search: [Google]
CBoQ4InUkAAUo7E.jpg
61KB, 600x908px
Forget all that bullshit and go workout 5 days a week. It's the natural cure for depression.
>>
>>18475747

ive actually been working out off and on and can deffinately feel the night and day difference it makes in terms of how good you feel. i also went out of my way to eat as healthy as possible and even read and pretty much do everything possible to feel better. but what i didn't do was make a concious effort to try and look at things more postively all the time. my mindset was sort of.. "if i do all this shit im supposed to then i should feel better" and well i did feel better, i still kind of didn't feel fully "right" for lack of a better term. and looking back when i was younger and remembering the way i looked at things in general was just naturally alot more positive. and i think thats what im missing.
>>
>>18475716
Yes. I have been doing this, and am finally coming out of a 7 year depression/paranoid anxiety. I know it sounds srupid,b but I have found keeping my chin up has a tremendously positive effect. Literally. Whenever you find yourself looking down at the ground, getting immersed in thought, pick your head up, look at surroundings and just watch what's happening all around you. Literally get out of your head by taking notice of physical reality around you. Turns out all those old folk solutions were not metaphorical, but literal instructions. If you change what you pay attention to, you will change the way you think.
>>
>>18475716
that T shirt combo is cute assuming the kid is really the child of the guy.
>>
Exercise made no impact on my depression and after about two months of it I lost the will to continue pursuing it. Thinking positive seems virtually impossible.
>>
>>18475716
That shirt it's really depressing, if you understand how pizza slices represent.
>>
File: 1394280063097.gif (791KB, 318x242px) Image search: [Google]
1394280063097.gif
791KB, 318x242px
>>18475716

>Is it possible to deal with depression/shitty feels by conciously making an effort to look at things positively?

Shitty feelings? Yes. Clinical depression? No.

Being in a sad mood can be dealt with on your own. Depression is a medical condition; a chemical imbalance in your brain that needs medical intervention to solve. Positive energy is not a treatment for clinical depression. Positive energy is not a quantifiable element which, scientifically, hasn't even been proven to exist.

There is a lot of grey area in science about the power of the placebo affect but, if you want a basic scientific overview of your idea, I cannot factually say that you have clinical depression nor will I say that mitigating symptoms of depression through lifestyle changes and alterations to your cognitive thought patterns is impossible.

What I will say is that clinical depression is a medical condition based on physiological abnormalities in your brain and medication and therapy have proven infinitely more affective in treating this condition than "positive energy".

Overall, science has definitively proven that there is no reliable home remedy for clinical depression.
>>
>>18475747
>been working out 6 days a week for last 3 years
>Still just as depressed as I was 3 years ago
>>
>>18475747
Its really not, all it is is a chore. just like every other fucking thing people suggest you do daily.
>>
>>18475716
the only way to get out of a depression is by willpower, bro
>>
If you have depression you need to seek treatment and may need to go on antidepressants.

A mental illness cannot be imagined away. Don't let student athletes shame you into trying to go without the treatment you need.
>>
>>18478296
???
>>
>>18478858
Exactly, this is the same conclusion I've come to. I've been having depressive episodes for the past 3 years now, and I've tried thinking positive. It does not hurt, but it does not cure it either. Depression is a real illness. And you cant cure diseases with "positive ebergy"
>>
>>18478895
*energy
>>
>>18478296
That's deep man, i feel ya.
>>
>>18475716
whenever I take xanax I automatically think positive thoughts instead of the constant slew of negativity my brain comes up with. I think thinking positive can help with depression but the issue is actually getting the point to be able to think positively. Thinking good thoughts is very difficult when you are down.

Maybe you can start writing a gratitude journal that you write in every morning when you wake up so you can "train" your brain for positive thoughts.
>>
>>18478910
be very careful if you go down this path, benzo widthdrawl can be extremely nasty
>>
>>18478895
Depression is like an addiction. Youcan try to getclean, but eventually there's always the possibility you go back to using it again.

Depression is a struggle you must endure your whole life.sometimes its worse, and then there are some days that feel just a little less shit. But i do believe willpower can change alot. If you refuse to listen to that feelingof depair.

It starts with a thought, a positive thought that creates hope for the future. Be as a second unaffected version of yourself, freed from the negative thoughts, and just do what needs to be done to carry on and expand that positive vibe. It's not a matter of how you feel when you try to fix yourself. You just go and do it because you must protect yourself in mind and body.
>>
>>18478917
no worries here I only take them if I have debilitating panic attacks where I cannot breathe.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.