[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I know this dude who's really popular. Only thing is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1498203380374.jpg (95KB, 540x407px) Image search: [Google]
1498203380374.jpg
95KB, 540x407px
So I know this dude who's really popular. Only thing is he's loose lipped as FUCK. He can't keep a secret, and he's a hypocrite about everything. Why is he so well liked? It seems like everyone is always trying to get into his good graces, yet he seems like such a shit person every time I talk to him. What's the deal, /adv/?
>>
Did you not go to high school or something? This is a variety of normie degens. This type has a slightly abnormal psychology and tries to be well liked my talking mad shit on others. It's not a good way to behave as an adult, but it's quite common.
>>
>>18474350
I went to high school, I just can't understand how people trust or like this guy. Like, he's fickle and unreliable, he ALWAYS ends up talking behind people's back and spilling their secrets, yet everyone is fawning over him. I just don't understand how they don't notice he's going to backstab them like he backstabbed everyone else.
>>
>>18474361
This is one of the benefits of being outside of the social game. You can question things in a way that the people fully participatibg have a hard time doing.

Even if you asked someone why they liked him, I wouldn't trust that their self-assessment was accurate at all. They're absorbed.
>>
>>18474424
How do I fuck him over, do you think? He's in bad graces with a few popular people and has been talking mad shit about them. If I sent them an anon text revealing what he's been saying and doing, do you think he'd get btfo'd?
>>
>>18474432
Well like I said these people are socializers before they are rational people. Just keep that in mind. They're going to act based on their social preferences and social best interests, not their own principles and values (generally speaking).
>>
>>18474432
>>18474440
Some friends might be an exception, especially if they end up being hurt by the shit this guy is talking.

Just warning you in general though, causing a problem with a popular person might mean casting yourself out unintentionally.
>>
>>18474432
>>18474447
It also depends on how chill the people are. If the people don't give a damn about much at all, things might stay exactly the same.
>>
>>18474451
The people are pretty chill, but this person has had sex with a lot of them and talks about their bedroom life (calls some of their dicks small, calls some of them unstable, etc.). They also passed around some nudes. So chill or not I doubt they'd be cool with that level of shit talking.

>>18474447
I'm not worried about being cast out. They talk about these things in semi-public spaces so it's not like they'd be able to narrow it down to me. I'm well liked and they probably would suspect me of doing something like this.
>>
>>18474361
it's because he gains their normie trust by sharing secretes, he always has the best gossip. Normies eat gossip like italians eat pasta
>>
>>18474482
But shouldn't they know they'll just end up gossiped about in turn? How could they not care about it? Do people just like being abused?
>>
>>18474482
Right but secrets are like the junk food of socializing. People also seek acceptance and love.

>>18474465
It might still get pinned on you, but you'd probably do better not to hang out with these degenerates anyway.

>he slept with most of them

Lots of people don't know what to do with their newfound liberty. They just waste away like little whores who throw daddy's investments into the wind, male or female.
>>
>>18474486
It's not really abuse. If they wanted ther dirty laundry kept a secret, they wouldn't tell it to some slut.
>>
>>18474498
I guess I don't get it. That probably makes me some kind of autist though. I can understand wanting acceptance and love, but why not just hang out with wholesome people for that stuff?

Anyways, I just really want to make sure he can't get away with it. It's not a principle thing, I'd just like to be the person who reminds him that someone's going to try and fuck him over if he keeps it up.
>>
>>18474501
Why would they want their insecurities out in the open?
>>
>>18474512
>I guess I don't get it, and that makes me some kind of autist
People with abnormal psychology can be cool. Sometimes it's just a way people are unique, and not at all crippling (like autism is). Hell, even this weird shit-talker is reaping a lot of benefits.

>Why don't [unsuccessful discontents] just do more wholesome things if they really want peace and love?
Because people don't know what to do with their liberty. They'll pursue vices instead of things that are of true value, and then they'll die.

Plenty of people are focused and capable of reflection. Go looking for those. Follow your own advice and stop picking low hanging fruit. Sometimes a whole town of people is made up of low hanging fruit.

>this person must be stopped
You're not Batman.
>>
>>18474524
They want to be understood, entertained, and accepted.

Telling gossip about yourself (or just implicating yourself in gossip) accomplishes a few if not all of these things, in the short term at least.
>>
>>18474531
That's the advice I want to end up following.

I don't really want to out him on the grounds of being self righteous or being a try hard do gooder. I just want to prove to myself that I'm not some nice pushover who would just let this kind of stuff go down around him without at least trying to do something.
>>
>>18474546
Well in the grand scheme I'd try to better myself and not be around this bullshit anymore. You have dreams and stuff, right?

If you love your friends, or at least have some ego attachment to this friend circle, I can understand wanting to out the guy.

I'm just letting you know that outing him could be a problem, and that furthering yourself is the most important thing.

But, you're the one who's actually in the situation. I'm just some guy hearing about this over 4chan. You gotta decide for yourself. It sounds like you have.
>>
You've stumbled upon a virtue of the real world; Machiavellianism

I'd guarantee this guy is good looking, and if not, he's charming enough to overcome it, and probably fucks a lot.

There was a kid like this I went to school with. He was actually my friend, but I grew apart from due to him trying to fuck my gf (he might have succeeded, I have no idea) and just generally being not fun to be around.

So, I saw tons of girls fawn over this guy. I was in denial about it. I thought "why do they even like him". It's because he was relatively good looking. That's pretty much all it takes. Even when rumors spun around that he was a bit "rapey", the girls still fawned over him. Even when everyone knew he was an asshole, it persisted.

One of the girls who said he was "rapey" with her still follows him on instagram, and is friends with him on fb. And I know there is stories we didn't hear that he likely did some sexual assault in his day. The whole dynamic is strange because, a LOT of people dislike him, but the more "popular" ones like him a lot.

There was another kid like this who we went to school with. Maybe not such a dark triad asshole (which women love), but there was rumors he raped multiple girls. Still had no trouble with the ladies. He passed away recently, and one of THE GIRLS HE RAPED posted a nice little thing about his death. She considered him a friend.

We live in a sick world, my friend. Get used to assholes getting the leg up. High school is just a small level of the way the world actually works.

>Money, social status, athleticism and looks over anything else
>Who gives a fuck if you raped a couple women
>>
>>18474555
Yeah I have. But thanks for giving some perspective. I'll either pussy out or I'll do it but I'll try to move on after whatever choice I end up making. Sticking around longer than I have to is pretty pointless
>>
>>18474572
I can understand liking an outright cockhead, it feels good to get into the good graces of an asshole. But he just comes off as so whiney, transparent, and unpleasant. I guess people are just attracted to the status, though.

I'm not even really mad at him about it. Sociopathic assholes exist and get ahead. I'm more upset about everyone else lining up to be another one of his victims. It disgusts me, and I lose a shit ton of respect each time they let it happen.
>>
>>18474586
Trust me, I was in the EXACT same position. You're realizing something most people don't, so that likely means you're more intelligent than them. You want them to see it for what it is, but they'd rather get manipulated.

Also, you might have to accept there is a slight jealousy to it. I think when people who are relatively decent people see assholes get ahead, we wonder why we can't be like them. But you have to realize that being a good person is infinitely more valuable as a human being. In the end, most of those people are going to be out of your life eventually anyway. Even the people you were good to will forget about you. It doesn't matter. You stayed true to yourself (I know it's corny), and didn't have to become an embarrassment like this guy to get people to like you.
>>
>>18474586
To add, one of my good friends, who is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, hates the dude. Still says he's a douchebag to this day. The way I see it, I trust his judgment more than 95 percent of people. Most people don't see beyond the surface and have no idea what manipulation even is.
>>
>>18474596
I can accept the jealousy. I'd love to fuck anyone I want and be loved by anyone. Maybe it says more about me that I'm willing to let that slide though. I can forgive myself for not being the most popular dude, but I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I just bought into his bullshit like everyone else.

>>18474604

Yeah, that's what I'm finding. Most people don't give a fuck, and just want to be validated and ordered around like worker bees. I can't say there's anything wrong with it, because it's the standard of human socializing. I guess I'm just one of the outliers
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.