[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you not let your depression control you? I feel whenever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1495331090991.jpg (51KB, 480x380px) Image search: [Google]
1495331090991.jpg
51KB, 480x380px
How do you not let your depression control you?
I feel whenever I try and improve I end up failing, like one step forward and two steps back.
>be having a normal day
>have a few negative thoughts
>hmm ok
>thoughts get worse and more intense
>snowballs
>now suicidal
>have to call out from work
>sleep and cry all day, trying to suppress thoughts
>have to call out the next day
Just like the rain. Starts off small but gets heavier and heavier until it's a downpour. So fucking dumb. Was trying to get a promotion but that isn't happening now. I thought a new job and some money in my bank account would keep my mind focused on work
How can I do anything in life if I'm in a good mood for one week while suicidal the next?
I'm embarrassed to even tell anyone how little control I have.
>>
>>18474139
Get therapy. If you want to overcome depression you have to know where it came from. Probably from your mom or dad.
>>
Stop being a pussy and letting imaginary things get you down.
Depression and Anxiety are pussy afflictions.
>>
>>18474139
This is my life. Here's some things that I've found help:

- Accomplish something every day, even if it's really minor. Like reading a chapter in a book, or getting some exercise.
- Find things to be positive about. Even on the worst of days you can still find little things to appreciate.
- Keep some sort of a routine. Ideally not too strict as you want to have time to try new things.
>>
>>18474167
Be a big strong manly man like muah chopped one whole log once shoulda seen my forearms
>>
The best I've got is to distract and improve. If you can't do one of the many things to improve, then distraction is ok so long as it is a null distraction and not negative to your quality of life. It's a tricky balance. You need to tell yourself what you're doing some days. It's stupid but helpful. Tell yourself you're getting up. Tell yourself you're showering. Tell yourself to leave the house on time. Even if you're just going through the motions, it's better than rotting.
>>
>end up failing, like one step forward and two steps back

walk backwards, it would let you travel at half speed according to relativity
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.