[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons, I've been insecure about my intelligence for a long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2301.jpg (62KB, 449x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2301.jpg
62KB, 449x400px
Anons, I've been insecure about my intelligence for a long time now. I took all honors classes in high school and graduated 15 out of 327, but obviously grades aren't a real indicator of intelligence. I've always felt I was dumber than I was made out to be.

I'm kind of afraid to see what I would get on a real IQ test, but I'm wondering if I should take one. After all, this is the main source of worry in my life.

pic unrelated
>>
>>18473292

eh. if you calmed your tits and stopped worrying about it you'll be fine. if you get an IQ test you will probably just be freaking out trying to find out if its low or high and reading conflicting opinions on that and then eventually come to the conclusion that it isn't a real indicator of intelligence etiher.

you are who and what you are. and you do okay, so whats it matter if you're legally 'smart'.
>>
>>18473293
I'm trying to stop worrying but my intelligence is the only good/significant attribute I could possibly have, and if I don't have it I'm basically worthless
>>
>>18473328

you are not intelligent. cuz anyone who is intelligent would have known to at least develop some more positive attributes.

you're just realizing that being intelligent doesn't make you better than everyone else, and looking back on the edgy 'deathnote' autist you were in highschool and you're growing a bit.

you arent that smart. probably smarter than a lot of people but not enough that it means anything in the long run. but your life is exactly the same as it was last week and last year and whatnot so whats it matter if you stop calling your self smart in the mean time? your life is literally exactly the same even if you stop calling your self that.
>>
>>18473333
Dude, the smarter you get, the weirder you get. The bell curve is real. Intelligence can isolate you from society just as much as being a retard. If you're not normal, you're not normal.

OP, what you really gotta ask yourself is what value does knowing the number bring? There's almost no use for knowing it. It's us is almost entirely administrative, like standardized tests. Personality tests will be more helpful, So long as you remember that they're basically just rhetorical heuristics, like tarot cards that help you create a clearer picture of yourself, not prescriptive and scientific taxonomy.
>>
>>18473292
Even IQ tests only measure a specific set of mental skills and doesnt measure success.

Humans arent perfect, life isnt a disney movie, and youll have real problems entirely regardless of your intelligence.

A motherfucking blessing in this life is "good enough"....

So your grades are good? You're smart enough. Fuck the bar and where it is.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.