[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when someone starts being distant? I started out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: distant_by_georgeharrison[1].jpg (93KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
distant_by_georgeharrison[1].jpg
93KB, 1131x707px
What do you do when someone starts being distant? I started out the relationship aloof and seemingly uncaring because I had other stuff going on at the time. Now that she's being distant, I've tried to be more attentive and engage more, but it seems to just push her away. She says it's just the type of mood she gets in, and that she'll get over it. My plan was to just act like the friendship is over and just ignore her, obviously she's moved on or something. However, if I were to do that, and she actually does just get in these moods, then I'd be being a bad friend by not being there for her, even if being there feels like I'm annoying her, and that may cause her to do the same thing.
>>
drop the bitch
>>
>>18472171

Do you want to be her friend or date her?

Also, she got into this relationship seeing someone distant. Maybe she likes the space that gave her or something. Maybe she doesn't like what she discovered as you opened up. Or maybe she is telling the truth and this has nothing to do with you.

I do repeat, though: What do you want out of her?
>>
>>18472412
seems kinda harsh when you found a friend in someone.

>>18472431
Honestly, both. But she's not into relationships right now, and I understand that, I wasn't at first either, this was just a fun friendship. I thought about just acting like I did in the beginning (I had many other plates spinning), but now that I realize what I have/had, I really don't want to lose it.
>>
>>18472477
>Honestly, both.

Well, maybe she doesn't want to be more than friends and that's why she is pulling away. Maybe there's no way to make this work.

Just saying, be honest with yourself and with her.

> then I'd be being a bad friend by not being there for her

And you also don't want to miss the chance of getting more than friendship, right? All you can do is be honest, man, and let her decide what she wants to do with this on her own end of things.
>>
>>18472501
>Just saying, be honest with yourself and with her

in the beginning, she was the one who was all "I haven't felt this way about someone in a while" and "I'll just bottle it up until it goes away". And I was like cool, I understand it's hard to keep feelings out, and I'm not going judge you for being human. But then a few months later, I had this bout of feels, and told her about it, and that's when she started being distant. I just feel like I handled it, but she's running away from the first sign. It's not right.
>>
>>18472618

That's even more of a reason to move on dude. You start feeling resentful? Move the fuck on.

She has as much right to leave as you had in the first place. Don't put your decisions on her. No one forced you to do anything.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.