[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know it's petty, but ever since I left the nest, my mother

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

I know it's petty, but ever since I left the nest, my mother has felt the need to call me on a daily basis to talk about her day. At excruciating length. Like "Oh, by the way, I had cabbage for lunch today, and..." length. If I actually engage her ("Really?" "Wow?" "Then what?") she can go on for an hour. Is there any way to make her stop that, or is it just a mom thing?
>>
>>18470041

Depends. Does she have anyone else to chat to and have you actually talked to her about this? If she's lonely and a bit on the overly motherly side, it will be harder to get her to stop. But having a frank conversation along the lines "mom, I have my own life to live and I don't have anything to talk about every day. How about we call and catch up on the weekends?" is the best way to start.
>>
>>18470041
It's just a mom thing. How long have you been out of the nest?

I was never really close to either of my parents so the transition out of the nest wasn't too terrible. I still talk to my parents at least once a week just to catch up on how I'm doing and other general life things.

It's actually kind of nice. Our relationship has gotten much better since. I like to hear back from home. I will say though that my mom can talk for hours about the same things over and over again. I just deal with it because I figure she just wants to talk to someone and get it out. Everyone needs that.

Tbh anon, I wouldn't worry about that too much. It may be annoying now but I promise it will decrease in the future (assuming this has just started happening). And in the future, you (like me) may actually come to appreciate it. She's your mom and she raised you from the bottom. It's going to be hard to see you go. Keep the sympathy for now.
>>
>>18470175
This, and also when you go and live on your own both of you should start to realize time flies, and there are only that many moments that youcan share with your parents before they die.
>>
Dont answer the phone. She sounds lonely but give her time and space. Explain. To her that you're a grown man and you need to adjust to the independent living.
>>
>>18470041
You ungrateful little shit, your mother is really lonely now that you're gone it's the least you could do. teach her how to use text messages.
>>
My mother does this with me and my siblings since I can remember too. You can't make her stop talking unless you walk away. When she's on the phone I often just do my things while she talks, it's not like I'm going to miss out much on what she says, but I'd still feel rude hanging up on her.
>>
>>18470041
Use that time to take a break and learn patience.

https://tinybuddha.com/blog/9-powerful-life-lessons-from-studying-with-a-monk/
>>
>>18470041
I don't talk to my mom often. She's tricky to talk to, kind of rude and such.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.