[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here who had shit experiences when living with housemates,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1462849402884.jpg (255KB, 1170x780px) Image search: [Google]
1462849402884.jpg
255KB, 1170x780px
Anyone else here who had shit experiences when living with housemates, during university or at any point where you needed local housemates to have a roof over your had?
If you could share any please, I just feel down because I went through one.
>>
I'm in a 6 person houseshare at the moment, not a student anymore though but just underpaid / live slightly too near London. It's pretty bullshit. I don't really have a problem with the house or even the people really, but it's just clear to me that I'm not fit for living with other people. I need my space, I need to go mad in the kitchen on my own and make a mess and do stupid shit.

I was lucky enough to make good friends at university so living with them was okay despite the tendency for drama, but here it's worse because I simultaneously don't give a flying fuck about knowing these people but also don't want to be a "bad housemate" so I'm constantly self conscious and anxious and worry about them judging me.

I find it really hard to relax in my own home, and it's been almost two years. I pretty much just schedule all my cooking around unpopular times so I minimise the chances of having to cook / exist with other people. Two of them I'm reasonably friendly with, but only because they've been here a while. Most people move in and out frequently so even if I was a social butterfly there's not much point investing time in being friends with them. Honestly I would prefer the drama shitstorms of my uni days to this stale awkward prison I've made for myself.
>>
>>18469737
Thank you for sharing this anon, if you could also share the biggest drama you had or witnessed during your uni house years please, I'd truly appreciate it since I could relate to it much more atm.
Also, where exactly are you near London? Just out of curiosity, because I am near London too, you don't have to answer this desu.
>>
One of the my roommates stole and forged two checks from me for about $1200 while I was out of town on business.
>>
>>18469799
Fuck, how did you deal with it, and how did you end up living with him in the first place?
>>
>>18469795
At uni I used to live with two Asperger's-diagnosed computer science students, plus a girl who was clinically depressed but otherwise pretty normal and sane.
Both of the aspies manifested the condition in different and opposing ways and it lead to scrap after scrap between them. The first guy was kind of a stereotype: well intentioned but annoying and excitable, didn't wash properly, overweight, talked loudly and endlessly about things we either weren't interested in or didn't know anything about and generally just had tragic social skills.

The second guy you probably wouldn't realise was autistic because he had become very well adjusted throughout his life. He had been a great guy at the start of uni but he had slowly grown extremely passive aggressive, had a real bad handle on his emotions and was obviously damaged by a bad breakup he had in second year. He had a massive sense of superiority over the other guy, once his close friend, who he would now routinely berate for acting the wrong way or doing little things that would annoy him, and the poor guy just put up with it all the time and had this weird Stockholm Syndrome thing of pining over his friendship with a guy who treated him like dirt.

Also, I was best friends with the guy who was now dating his ex girlfriend who he still wasn't over, so I wasn't too popular with him either.

Me and the girl were often caught between feeling we should confront emosperg but also wanting to be sensitive to the fact that he was mentally unstable. At the same time we were often annoyed by the things that nerdsperg did which annoyed him but we understood that he couldn't help it.

It basically all ended with us abandoning emosperg as a friend because he got more and more sour and irritable and irrational, but it was sad because he was once a genuinely nice guy.
>>
>>18469681
My first roommate I ever had was pretty terrible. He was a random, assigned to me by the student housing complex that I lived in.

1st: They assigned him to be my roommate the day that I moved in after months of expecting another roommate with a different name. He had signed up a week before.

2nd: He had no pots or pans or anything for that matter. I naively let him use mine and he fucked up them and never cleaned them after using them.

3rd: He wasn't even *in* school and yet lived in student housing. ???

4th: He smoked weed all the time. Which I didn't really give a shit if he wasn't leaving cigarillo wrappers around the living room and just stinking up the place in general.

5th: He cheated on his girlfriend almost every week and on more than one occasion beat his girlfriend and side bitches. She (his girlfriend) was pretty awful on her own although at the very least, she took care of him (i.e. cooking breakfast or dinner for him every night, etc.).

6th: The power was in my name and he was constantly late with his contribution. He didn't even pay the last month after I was on his ass about it. I would have sued but the fees would have outweighed his contribution. I just wanted out by that point.

7th: Towards the end, he invited one of his friends to straight up live in our living room without my approval. And still expected me to pay half of the electric bill.

Plus he and his bum friend continuously went through my food.

I ended up moving all of my pots and pans as well as my food into my room. I got the fuck out of there and never talked to him again. Thank Fucking God. He was horrible.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.