[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is autism diagnosed? Is there a therapist I have to see to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nwlaonArxW1u8df7so1_1280.png (201KB, 670x566px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwlaonArxW1u8df7so1_1280.png
201KB, 670x566px
How is autism diagnosed? Is there a therapist I have to see to determine or a blood test?
>>
Pls respond
>>
>>18469584
>blood test
yeah, you're probably autistic.

seriously though, go to your doctor. tell them your fears. they'll help you through
>>
>>18469609
So i imagine I'll be asked questions which will determine? Have not seen a doctor in years
>>
>>18469617
Sort of...They will also see how your brain works by giving you puzzles and stuff
>>
If this isn't bait, it's harder for them to diagnose adults. If you're trying to get a diagnosis for some reason, just go and act like a socially inept manchild with very intense fixations, preferably with things that have wheels, don't make eye contact, don't ham it up too much. Just act like existence itself has traumatized you beyond repair.

t. diagnosed autist since I was a child
>>
>>18469639
Thanks anon, just sat down and thought about my highschool days of being pulled in by councilors to their offices to talk about me. I never put 2+2 together to see what it was about, I was just the quiet guy that sat alone at an unpopulated table in class. Guess that was a huge red flag for them, I was quiet too so who knows. I'm not a social person but I can function around other people even though I'm dying inside
>>
>>18469653
Maybe my mother knows but I don't have the courage to ask her and don't think she'd tell me if I was. I'm not looking to be falsely diagnosed
>>
>>18469653
Forgot to ask, how did you find out you were autistic? Did you're parents tell you or doctor when older?
>>
>>18469668
Idk I was just a weird kid, didn't like being told what to do or do anything in groups. My emotional development was terrible. I'd have diagnosed it as behavioral issues, but now that I'm older, I can tell I really can't relate to people and they can't relate to me. It's hard to say though, I wouldn't know how a doctor knew it was autism and not just problems socializing because of what was going on at home.
>>
>>18469959
Also I was told right away. It didn't mean anything to me at the time. I was just a sped up until middle school. The teachers said I wouldn't be okay around normal kids, they were more or less right but I don't think I'd be doing any better if I stayed in that hellhole of a school system full of fucked up violent foster kids and stuff.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.