[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over the past few years I've been dealing with some of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1489002243254.jpg (129KB, 828x828px) Image search: [Google]
1489002243254.jpg
129KB, 828x828px
Over the past few years I've been dealing with some of my issues regarding my relationship with my parents.
Long story short, I have had depression ever since I was 13 (22 now) after being diagnosed (i went to the psychologist behind my parents back a couple of times) I dropped it there and never got any kind of follow up, my high school life was always shitty, always thinking about suicide and going as far as planning it out, writting letters but never got down to do it.
Fast forward to university, depression was better, got friends, good life and even a gf until she cheated on me, we broke up and depression got the best of me, it came back worse than before and for an entire year life was a living hell as none of my friends knew about my depression and most of them just took the change in my personality as something personal.

During this time I was angry and was looking for someone to blame, so naturally all that anger and confusion was directed at my parents, who were the typical all day at work no emotional support style of parenting through all my childhood.
After dealing with my shit I naturally realized that it wasn't all their fault, I was being unfair and began building a good relationship with them for the first time.

cont.
>>
Me and my dad have managed to get a long better than ever, we agree on a lot of things and we enjoy each other's company but at the same time I began noticing certain patterns about my mom that just throw me off and it's hard to understand.
But ever since I've been trying to "rebuild" I've noticed that she has some really toxic behaviours and I cant just ignore it. One of the biggest issues is that she never pays attention to our conversations, she's always asking 4 or 5 times things that we had already disscused before, she's always making hurtfull comments like "we won the lottery with our kids" (in a sarcastic tone, after pointing out that I'm shy and quiet) and in general just toxic behaviour at all times.

I really don't want to keep up the fighting so now i just ignore the comments or try to brush it off as ignorance but sometimes they are too personal and it goes to the lenghts of even creating gossip about me inside the family.

My dad has become aware of this situation, we exchange looks everytime something like this happens but I just want it to stop, all i wanted was a nice relationship with mom and move on with my life, I really don't know what to do, I'm tired of it all and I don't want to distance myself from them alltogether because I really like the new bond with my dad and I really want that with my mom to.

I tried discussing it with her but she always dissmises me as a child, she would never listen to my advice on any subject just because she's older and the parent (she has said this herself, not making it up) and my dad is not really up for being in the middle of it and I don't want him to since i don't want to ruin what we have or worse cause problems in ther marriage.

Help?

P.S: Fix this fucking board already i get the connection error bug in both chrome and Firefox, its been like that for months.
>>
Fuck her, she sounds like a bitch and you don't need a mom, you're already an adult.
>>
>>18469383
I know she is, I could move on but not without trying everything, maybe someone else was in this situation and got her to be reasonable somehow?

Fuck man, I'm her child there must be some kind of boundry or way to make her wake up.
>>
>>18469359
>P.S: Fix this fucking board already i get the connection error bug in both chrome and Firefox, its been like that for months.

That's actually your own fault for using an adblocker.
>>
>>18469402
False, there are parents who give 0 shits about their children. Ex. Sell them to slavery, leave them in a toilet, ect.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.