[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP! My girlfriend's college mentor is trying to convince

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: UN-Women-logo(1).png (69KB, 1000x462px) Image search: [Google]
UN-Women-logo(1).png
69KB, 1000x462px
HELP!

My girlfriend's college mentor is trying to convince her to change her major to Women's Studies.

She's seriously believing it will make a difference world, I don't know what to do. She has been conservative, but I am afraid that her mentor is pulling her over to believe in gender inequality.
>>
>>18468907
I don't know what to tell you. When people stop listening to common sense and reason, there's not much you can do. You can try to argue the facts but I doubt it will go far.
You can take one look at "Woman's Studies" and see the irony. It's ok for every "group" to label their own cause while excluding everyone else as they point the finger and yell racists, inequality, or whatever term fits their warped perception of reality.
If she goes off the deep end, just move on. "you can't fix stupid"!
>>
>>18468930
That's the thing though, I feel like it isn't too late. She's only been recently coming to the breakfast table asking about what I think about why there aren't many women in politics and such. Those questions set off my alarm and I figure out it was her psych mentor who happened to have a ba in women's studies
>>
>>18468907
It sounds like she's already drunk the koolaid if she's seriously considering this. I'd like to say it'll be all right since I've got a cousin who's majoring in gender studies and we get along okay as long as her education doesn't come up, but then I don't have to interact with her every single day. Best advice I can give is to point out that women's studies is a meme degree that isn't going to land her any kind of meaningful career (if you're good you can actually spin that in your favor - she's not going to change the wage gap if she locks herself into low-paying work), but you might want to think about moving on and getting with a woman who won't start seeing you as a horrible person because her professors told her to.
>>
>>18468941
Do some research and then follow up later with an answer. I would guess there aren't as many women as men because of the demanding schedule and the type of work. For a woman who has a family, it's a terrible job. Also you have to be very thick skinned and today, you put yourself and your family in the spotlight subject to ridicule and also in danger as the violence against our politicians has gotten pretty bad.
>>
Show her the red pill documentary by Cassie Jaye. Then tell her that, while there are many issues regarding gender inequality Women's Studies will only focus on one side of the problem, greatly exaggerate women's issues, ignore their advantages, demonize men and provide no healthy solutions. The only things she'll get from those studies is a warped, one-sided view of a larger problem and feelings of outrage and hatred.
>>
>>18468907
Essentially STEM or bust.

Women's studies are as useless to society and as unable to predict with any accuracy as art history. Take that shit out of academia.
>>
>>18468907
I'm a feminist and even I know that majoring in women's studies is a waste of time.

Major in something actually worthwhile and address gender inequality through that.

But then again, I'm an empiricist feminist who hates postmodernism and Continental philosophy, and a lot of others have drank the 'lol asking me to provide facts is EVIL POSITIVISM' Kool-Aid.
>>
>>18468974
I could never use that arguement as her mentor makes great money working for the UN with that degree.

She wants to start a daycare eventually
>>
>>18468907
What's her current major? Maybe you could reason her that her current one will hold better prospect with stable career in foreseeable future.

If not then, dick her hard so she'll become putty who'll hear to you via post-coital talk.
>>
>>18469003
She's getting her Masters in Behavioral Analysis currently. She is a psych major
>>
>>18469000
Yea, some other scumbag also makes good or even better money selling religion or snake oil or being atop of a pyramid scheme.

Even if you manage to secure money to do your useless or harmful bullshit, I still hate you for it, and hopefully so do most others.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.