[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been five years that I've been in uni and I still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1430453422386.png (30KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1430453422386.png
30KB, 633x758px
It's been five years that I've been in uni and I still haven't got my bachelor's.

And the reason is that I don't study at all.

I find myself whatever excuse comes in handy at the moment to "call it a day" and think "tomorrow I'll start working hard and recover my lag."

But it's been five years of this game.
Don't study,fail, promise, don't study,fail.

I'm aware of this circle, but I cannot absolutely put myself to study in any way. It's like I am physically nauseated by it.

This exam session is the last one that my already over-tolerant parents will concede me. If I fail, it's over.

It's so weird. It's like I care and at the same time I don't care at all.

Plus, my parents don't even know that I never used the expensive textbooks they bought. I always find some excuse like "it was difficult, i made a conceptual error, the professor was in a bad mood". And again at the same time I feel sorry about betraying their trust and I don't give a fuck.
how can I make up my mind? How can I break this limbo?

I want to die.
>>
You sound exactly like me right now.
Are you 24 and never had a job as well?
I wish I had advice but I can't find any answer other than suicide either.
>>
>>18468525
Same and yeah, same.
>>
>>18468508
Maybe you can reach out bto a fellow classmate or friend and help im moitivate you. Set up deadlines together and make fun bets. Try to see if you can find some motivation from else where. And did you reflect back on what it was like to be motivated to study? What was the difference between you then and now and and how did your change in attitude come to be? What would it take to get back at that level of motivation again?

And some final questions I am curious about.
What do you study?
What year are you into?
How many years do you have left?
Do you like what you study? If not, ever considered quitting your study and yes, why didn't you quit yet?

I'll try to be around if I was of any help
>>
>>18468564
Mech Engineering

Here in EU you can give exams of any year you want. I've done most of the first and a couple of the remaining.

The amount of exams I've left require a year of time.

Once I liked it, now I feel so conflicted about it, it's like I like it and i don't like it at the same time. Yes, I've considered quitting and no, I didn't quit yet because I'm conflicted about it too, it's like I care and I don't care at the same time.

I'll take some time to answer the other questions.
>>
>>18468564
The only thing I know is that I now I am physically nauseated by study and academic subjects. When my friends talk about it I tune out or answer vaguely. Whenever I think "now I'll study" I feel something akin to seasickness and just drop it all.

Heh, I even lied to my friends that I have depression, anxiety and other mental illness in order to justify my behaviour because I really don't know how to explain that. It's so hazy.
>>
>>18468564
Looking back, I remember that I was enthusiastic about uni and was going to adapt my routine to it quite nicely.

But then I stopped studying.
>>
One thing I noticed though...whenever someone tries to encourage me or motivate me to study it has the exact opposite effect. I feel what I think is resentment and stop studying for days after that.
>>
>>18468623
How do you know you dont have depression though?
>>
>>18468678
I can do almost everything but studying
If it was depression I couldn't do anything else, I guess
>>
>>18468688
But then again, I do these things in a "dreamy, zombie like state". I never am where I am with my mind, I always think about how can I escape this purgatory.

Someone has said to not pay attention to my emotional/physical responses, that they are nothing more than " learned behavior" that my body and my mind learned in a moment of distress and that now can be removed if ignored for enough time.

Do you think this is true? If I can't trust my emotions and my thoughts what else do I have? What else I am beside those?
>>
>>18468508
>I find myself whatever excuse comes in handy at the moment to "call it a day" and think "tomorrow I'll start working hard and recover my lag."
>But it's been five years of this game.
>Don't study,fail, promise, don't study,fail.
Mate, this is the biggest thing serious universities do for employers and their own ranks: They filter out students who just can't fucking focus doggedly doing their work, whether it's fun or not.

To normal people it's twice as much work as they do. For years. Yes, most actually can't do that, they'll get burnouts and generally give up like you do.

Meanwhile, successful students generally work near every waking hour. They do the main materials and then also read some extra materials to verify they understood.

If you can't do it, it's actually better you drop out sooner rather than later and just focus on some average job where you won't have to put in an order of magnitude of extra effort. You should do really rather fine there, even if you didn't quite make the cut at university.
Almost succeeding still is better than what normies generally do in their job.
>>
>>18468784
Good reasoning anon, I didn't see it from that perspective. Thank you.
>>
>>18468796
Well, I get that unfortunately it's also somewhat harsh.

But you may yet have a chance to finish if you recover (yea, during regular work - again, I bet it won't wear you out nearly as much.. otherwise go see doctors) and can muster the necessary motivation in two or five years.

One of my fellow students only really managed to stick through the whole thing after he was like thirty-five. He said ten (or thereabouts) years earlier he just couldn't focus for shit.
>>
>>18468848
I'll see in the future what happens. Thanks again.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.