[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anon(s), why am I so pathetic? I've been letting everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: 1498088119509.jpg (16KB, 198x328px) Image search: [Google]
1498088119509.jpg
16KB, 198x328px
Anon(s), why am I so pathetic? I've been letting everyone in my entire life just walk over me and I've just sat there and let it happen.

Here's an example of how fucking weak and pathetic I am.

> " Hey Anon, can I borrow some money? "

> " I am sorry, but I kinda need the money. "

> " Oh Anon, don't worry it's fine. Not like you can't just get some more. '"

> Takes the money regardless of me needing it, and I just sit there doing nothing and accepting what happened. And choosing not to do something about it.

> " Okay. "

My friend has made me come to this sad realization and told how fucking weak and pathetic I am. ( Hoping he didn't mean that in a hurtful way ) And how I need to stand up for myself, be a man, ect. Which I can't, I try and try, but it just ends up into me just being a ' little bitch ' most of the time. Now knowing how I weak I am has made me super depressed. I've been up all night just thinking about it, I even fucking cried about it not so long ago. What can I do Anon(s)? How can I stop being a fucking bitch and do something? I can't get /fit/ and I obviously can't say no. Because it just seems like it'll just end up badly if I do.
>>
File: 1494186956145.png (143KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494186956145.png
143KB, 300x400px
>>18467840
>and I obviously can't say no. Because it just seems like it'll just end up badly if I do.

As opposed to being walked over all the time?

People are going to see your weakness and exploit it, that's just how life is. Until you learn to say no or tell people trying to use you to fuck off, you will keep being used until they can get nothing else from you. There's trying to be socially accepted and then there's trying to be liked by everyone. Spoilers: Not everyone is going to like you, and you most certainly don't like everyone, so why should act like that's how life works? Obviously, you shouldn't be a dick to everyone, but you need to stand up for yourself. Do you really believe you should give a shit about people using you?

>"Wah wah, anon told me to fuck off when I tried to """borrow""" his money from him!"

And on the not being able to get /fit/ thing, looks aren't everything. They're some influence to a conversation, yeah, but looking someone in the eye, telling to fuck off, and standing your ground is just as good if not better. You could be extremely buff for all I care but if you look at the floor when people talk to you and can't say no to anything, who is going to respect you? Nobody.
>>
File: 1497987879470.jpg (68KB, 700x506px) Image search: [Google]
1497987879470.jpg
68KB, 700x506px
>>18468158
I just want everyone to have a decent opinion of me. I don't want people to be saying " oh anon is a fucking dick he didnt give me this or that or did this " .
>why should you act like that's how life work

Because it seems like it does. Maybe if I am nice to a certain person, maybe they'll be nice to me. I don't know, if I seem like a dick maybe they'll be a dick back. Maybe then I won't feel as accepted or liked. Which isn't something I wish to feel.

I try to stand up for myself, then the feeling of being socially outcasted for not being somewhat nice or willing to lose somehing just makes me not bother at all and just accept it.
>>
>>18468366
>Maybe if I am nice to a certain person, maybe they'll be nice to me
If that were true, wouldn't your doormat lifestyle be working out great?
>>
File: 1495544554283.jpg (101KB, 786x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495544554283.jpg
101KB, 786x800px
>>18468422
Good point
>>
>>18467840
>Takes the money regardless of me needing it, and I just sit there doing nothing and accepting what happened. And choosing not to do something about it.

how does this happen? do they have access to your bank account? do they go into your wallet? how does this happen? put your wallet in your fucking pocket
>>
File: 1498091135763.png (63KB, 278x259px) Image search: [Google]
1498091135763.png
63KB, 278x259px
>>18468510
It was an example, not that it can't happen though
>>
>>18468521
>It was an example
so it didn't happen?
>>
>>18467840
>Here's an example
>>18468536
>>
>>18468553
a good example would be something that actually happened, you idiot. if your friends aren't taking money out of your wallet why would anyone need that as an example?
>>
File: 1498083095423.gif (387KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
1498083095423.gif
387KB, 269x270px
>>18468613
I don't know, I didn't think about it at the time. It was 4 ak at the time.
>>
>>18468653
It seems like you're exaggerating things to match how shitty you're feeling.
I know how you feel man, I'm kinda like you and I have trouble saying no when others asks for favor.
I give rides to people and even let my roommates borrow my car sometimes. Then I feel like a pathetic fuck when I'm driving back home alone for 30 minutes after dropping a friend off at work for no charge, or stay at home all day because I can't drive anywhere. I think to myself "What kind of spineless fuck prioritizes other's needs before his own? I can make it sounds like I'm helping others, but in reality they'll just keep asking for favors and solidify my position as a pushover."

But really, it's not really as bad as you think it is. I began to ask them for favors in return even in situations where I didn't necessarily need their help. Unless they're complete douches, they should feel some obligation to return the favor they received. Making negotiations helped me feel like I was in equal standings with others, and eventually allowed me to say no when I needed to.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.