[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently read some old psychological evaluation documents of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: imsofuckingsqueezed.jpg (463KB, 1500x1600px) Image search: [Google]
imsofuckingsqueezed.jpg
463KB, 1500x1600px
I recently read some old psychological evaluation documents of myself from when I was a little kid. I've always asked my mom if anything was wrong with me, and she always insisted I was just weird. Literally, she just used the word "weird" and she said the doctor just said, "I'm an outlier"

Well, I read the document and it turns out I had a motor delay, and he was concerned by attention issues could be due to early psychosis. Needless to say, I feel really pissed and really betrayed this was kept from me for all these years and honestly, I don't know what to do.
>>
You're an idiot. It was totally fine just to tell you that you were weird. You don't tell a small child that they'll maybe turn psychotic.

You have nothing to feel betrayed about.
>>
it's very natural to feel betrayed; a lot of parents take this route of trying to "cover up" anything that could even remotely hurt feelings

she isn't exactly lying though, i'd assume you aren't psychotic so you are kind of an "outlier" in brain development

try not to take it badly, she was only saying what she thought was best for you
>>
>>18467781
But what about when I was older and when I asked about it? How am I not allowed to be privy to that information? It took me looking on my own to even find out.
>>18467790
I can understand that. I don't want to blame her, but I can't help but feel angry at not knowing and not having the information I needed to come to a diagnosis sooner. It's not like they pursued it any further than that.
>>
>>18467806
>How am I not allowed to be privy to that information? It took me looking on my own to even find out.

She's your mother, anon. She would never want you to feel like an outcast. Saying you're "weird" is much less taxing on a growing kid's mind than telling them they're potentially psychotic.

I know you feel like she did you wrong by not telling you but she was trying to protect you. That's what mothers do, even when it doesn't feel like it.

Can you imagine being a parent, having your child walk up to you asking if there's something wrong with them, and telling "yes, something is wrong with you"? I can't.

Are you an adult? Genuinely curious. Because adults are allowed to do whatever they want so, if you're an adult, congrats, you're now allowed to be privy to information that you weren't previously. If you're not an adult, sorry, but you're under your parent's thumb. If you don't like that, move out.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.