[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Come home from uni >Start computer >Eat cereals >Browse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1494410198543.gif (3MB, 222x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494410198543.gif
3MB, 222x400px
>Come home from uni
>Start computer
>Eat cereals
>Browse the net till 2AM
>Go to sleep
>Rinse and repeat

I have these stuff i'd "like" to do, like learning to play the guitar, or start a drawing, but i never do it

i've been like this for so long... I know the only cure is to start doing stuff, but i can't.

I think there are lots of fears involved. For example, when i was younger, i just did stuff without asking myself questions, so i was enjoying it. Now, I can't help but have negative thougts when i engage in something. Like, i'm drawing stuff, and i'm worrying about stuff like "it's not good enough, i should draw more" etc etc, thus resulting into me being more and more absorbed in negative fantasies, imagining myself failing, and stuff like this.

So i just avoid doing stuff to avoid confronting all this negativity, and i numb myself on the internet with constant entertainement.

How can i make things fun again ? How can i surpass all this insecurity, how can i believe in myself again ? The answer is to probably just do it, but i cant, even though it's the irrational choice... The more i avoid things, the harder it is to do them... Fucking vicious circle, if only i was disciplined
>>
Make a to do list (realistically planned) and stick to it. It's baby steps.

Also your problem sounds like a light depression, but you can break out of it. After Uni, go take a walk in the Park. No cellphone, no laptop, no distractions. Take a Paper and Pen with you and write down what you truly want from this gift that Life is. Where do you want to be next year? Where in 5 years?

Then break down the smallest steps towards it.
>>
>>18466294
Getting a part-time job helped me with these exact problems. I get paid, interact with people for a few hours every day, and now that I have a schedule to stick to I use my free time more wisely
>>
i got the same problem as OP except instead of uni i have a part time job and it hasnt helped any. the infrequent schedule, working weekends, and nearly full time hours for not enough pay if anything makes it worse
>>
>>18466320
Do these really work ? I've tried list before and i never stick to them.

The walk in the park sound tempting. But what if i don't really know where i want to be in 5 years ? How can i be sure of what i really want ?
>>18466325
It's something i've already considered, maybe i should really do it then...

>>18466409
Well if it's nearly full hours it's not really a part time job, maybe you should try one which is easier ?
>>
My problem, also.
What makes it worse is, I'm in a limbo, where I'm not in school, but can't work, or go to college, because I never made final work for high school, and I just can't make myself do it, when I do, I just become stressed and depressed, I used to be anorexic last year because of this, it's literally killing me.
I really don't know what to do.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.