[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just graduated high school, and i'm a girl. I have always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1480212527323.jpg (667KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480212527323.jpg
667KB, 1024x1024px
I just graduated high school, and i'm a girl. I have always been extremely shy and reserved and up until senior year I had very little friends. I met this guy and he always walked to class with me everyday and talked to me. He asked to sit and eat lunch with me on multiple occasions. He would always find discreet ways to touch me or bump into me. He would always ask if i ate and offer me snacks. Whenever I looked at him, he would always look off and smile.

I began to like him. I've never felt this way about anyone before. He is two years younger than me. I even gave him a gift and he said, "I'd like to get a gift for you too."

I texted him a few days ago saying I was at my college orientation and that I missed him. He completely ignored it and is ignoring any other form of social media interaction with me. I started self harming earlier in the year (because of stress) and relapsed last night because of this.

I'm not sure what I should do. I don't want him to hate me but I do not think that saying I miss you to someone would cause this. I feel like I didn't do anything wrong and if he's done with me, he should say it instead of just ignoring me.
>>
>>18466222
maybe he's just sad you've gone off to school(the connotation of girls going to college is 50% great and 50% horrible) considering the distance, time apart and reputation of girls getting gang banged in college, It's likely he wants to move on from you which is the reasonable thing to do.

Don't let it get to you, I'm sure it's for the best for both of you, and it's not personal, remember the good times and opportunities you have now.

How long has he ignored you btw? maybe he just couldn't get to your messages and you really over reacted? the amount of time some one has freaked out because my social media broke is too damn high.
>>
>>18466252
Thank you for your reply. :) I texted him Sunday afternoon.
>>
>>18466222
>I started self harming earlier in the year (because of stress) and relapsed last night because of this.

That poor fucking guy has no idea just how insane you are. Get a fucking grip you psychopath, your emotional well-being should not be dependent on anyone else.
>>
File: 1363856344642.jpg (98KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1363856344642.jpg
98KB, 1024x1280px
First off, don't harm yourself. That is just about the worst thing you could ever do, and a huge red flag for anyone you would be interested in.

Next, you should directly tell him how you feel. Good or bad, you will know the honest truth unless he is flat out ignoring you for some dumb reason.

Sometimes people change or act odd for their own reasons, it's human nature.

You are young, this isn't the end of the world. Be strong, alright?
>>
>>18466222
> I started self harming earlier in the year (because of stress) and relapsed last night because of this.
What stress, the college orientation? Or not currently seeing a boy you never were particularly intimate with even if you got along fine?

That's a bit little to start going nuts over, isn't it?
>>
>>18468101
OP here, originally stress over applying to colleges and my grades. Last night was about the boy and yes it is, but I don't know how to deal with it any other way.
>>
>>18466875
thank you so much
i want to text him again but i feel like that would only make things worse
>>
>>18466870
you're right
>>
You shouldn't depend on some guy whom I assume you never actually talked about dating or how you felt with.
>>
>>18468291
I don't want to depend on him, but i can't take being ignored by him. If he doesn't want anything to do with me, I'd rather he just bluntly say it. I hate the feeling of uncertainty. He has diagnosed depression and anxiety issues as well.
>>
>>18468392
>I hate the feeling of uncertainty
Some things in life are uncertain, and people are one of those, like >>18466875
said, you're young, a guy stop talking to you ins't remotely a good reason to harm yourself, consider going to therapy and stop overthinking about this guy, there's more people to come into your life.
>>
>>18468531
thank you, ill try to forget him
>>
File: xjxjl.jpg (516KB, 600x748px) Image search: [Google]
xjxjl.jpg
516KB, 600x748px
>>18466222
>>18466870

Don't listen to this fuckshit, OP, don't listen to this particular fuckshit most of all.

Hurting yourself doesn't make you psychopathic; psychopathy isn't even meaningfully correlated with self harm in the first place.

If you've hurt yourself, that means you're in pain and you shouldn't be ostracized and you're a victim and should be cared for.

That said, a good rule of thumb is if you've texted him twice in a row and he hasn't responded, he wants nothing to do with you and a third time won't do you much good other than maybe coax a "leave me alone" reply eventually.

If he doesn't reply -- and there's nothing you can do about it if he doesn't -- consider yourself on the hunt again for another boy~

Also, this is just my opinion, but I think it might be good to find more understanding people than us, we're fucking 4chan, we're a place to go to die. Fuck whatever we say about tumblr and reddit, go to one and find a nice discord server with comfy people and blend in.
>>
>>18469666
thank you, i feel the urge to self harm tonight, everyday he doesn't answer it just gets more painful.
i only texted him once but I understand the message. he's not one to do this but I guess he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore. I know this may be hard for people to understand, but I never had feelings for another person as I had with him. It's extremely hard for me to deal with this considering how much we interacted during the school year.
He finally made me come out of my shell and over the past few days I've been slipping back into my old self- the one who doesn't talk and is socially inadequate. This is making me extremely worried for college, where I won't know anyone.
>>
As somebody who has been on the other side numerous times, I would just like to apologise on his behalf.
It's very unlikely that he never wants to hear from you again, probably just doesn't know how to respond or talk to you at all since you're separated now. Just text him every few days, maybe just once a week, whatever doesn't feel like it would be annoying. If, after a little while, he never responds, give up and move on, people who can't respond are no good for keeping up relationships when distance is involved (source: me) so it's not worth it.
>>
>>18469864
thank you, i would like to think that he feels this way. i have kind of given up on him at this point.. i don't want too, but I think I have too. I don't want to keep hurting myself and I'm going to try really hard tonight to not self harm.. i just don't know what else I could text him to get a response and I honestly believe that if he cared about me at all, he could have at least said I miss you too or something.
My friend texted him asking what he received on the final and he responded so it seems that either he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore or like you said, doesn't know what to say. I'm hoping it's that latter option.
>>
You sound like a crush of mine and this is my side. Did you ever like me? You would never talk me or try, I just felt like a weirdo being pushy. Now your going to a different uni as I whats the point?

She was very beautiful and sweet just like you byt relationships that seem perfect dont always work. Dont dwell on what could be the past just contijue being the quite nerd you are and another one with interest in shyness will be just as pushy and stuff. Theirs a perfect match in your uni. If you need therapy you should go get it.

What I loved about her the most was how shy she was and how much she blinked like if she had ptsd lol
>>
>>18470164
thanks, i was at my college orientation and guys came up to me and talked to me. i was incredibly awkward so I don't think their interest stayed for long. it was nice to not feel alone (this was the second day) but all i could think about was him. i worry that it will always be that way. I already built up these boundaries again to where I don't want any guy talking to me because they'll probably do something like this again.

I'd like to say something to maybe make it easier for him to respond. But I'm embarrassed and I already feel rejected. I feel like texting him a second time and getting ignored again would cause me more harm. I've worked myself up to the point of a mental breakdown happening any minute. i don't want to tell my parents about my horrible coping mechanism, but i would like help. talking on here helps me very much, other people don't really seem care now that we graduated..
>>
OP here; what can I text him that wouldn't be weird or should I just give up?
>>
File: IBmfamD.jpg (63KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
IBmfamD.jpg
63KB, 500x275px
>>
File: TryingToHelp.jpg (114KB, 1240x827px) Image search: [Google]
TryingToHelp.jpg
114KB, 1240x827px
>>18466222
You two are you and sadly acting like nice to others sometimes comes with age. What you friend that you like did was distance himself from you. You are no longer close to him on a day to day business so he is in the process of moving on. Granted, the way he is doing it is childish but as I said, you two are young and he is acting his age. I would suggest trying to make new friends at your university by joining clubs. I was much like you at your age (shy, but not a self harmer). It can take a while to find a club to join but once you do find one you slowly make friends and university becomes much less miserable. Also, in the dating world, you will find many, many, bad people with their own hang ups and problems. You will have to develop a thick skin for this and learn how to weed out the poor choices until you find a gem in the rough so to say. I wish you the best of luck, please try to focus on making yourself happy so you don't self harm. Once you find how to make yourself happy, you will be ready to share this happiness with someone else in your life. I wish you the best.
Sincerely,
Anon's good deed for the day.
>>
>>18466222
But why didn't you make a move on him? He never tried to confess to you? I feel like we lack a piece of this story.
>>
>>18468392
Ask dumbshit. Or don't since you're both dealing with mental issues and probably would make each other worse.
>>
>>18471627
thank you for your advice, i just never felt like this before. i really don't think anyone could replace him, so to say. it really hurts thinking that he's just done..
>>
>>18471643
i wanted to tell him so bad towards the end but i really made it obvious that I wanted him in the days leading up to my graduation. I feel like he may just be too young but I don't think it's a problem. He did say that he "liked me so much" and then he said he was just kidding but this was early into the school year.
>>
>>18471770
I was thinking of asking him if he's mad at me..
would saying I miss you to someone make them cut you off? its cruel to do that if there was such a strong friendship to begin with..
>>
>>18472039
Just tell him you want to hang out again on x day or weekend
>>
>>18472085
that's honestly what I want to do but I'm afraid of him not responding again
>>
update: I updated my Snapchat story and he is not viewing it regardless of his score increasing. He would always view it previously. I don't even care anymore if he doesn't see me in a romantic sense, I just want to be friends at this point. him ignoring me is a horrible feeling. I told him so much about myself.. now I'm feeling like he just used me for 8 months..

I was thinking of texting him something like: "are you mad at me? im sorry if you are"
But I can't possibly think of a reason for him to be mad..
>>
>>18472515
also i am feeling very unstable now since a lot of my family is over and they laughed at me when I told them I was being ignored. apparently I don't "look good enough" for him..
>>
>tfw extremely shy but male so forever alone
>>
>>18472565
is that supposed to be referring to him?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.