[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friend is 16 and in high school and needs a job. He's pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ayyyy.jpg (23KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.jpg
23KB, 576x432px
Friend is 16 and in high school and needs a job. He's pretty good at writing and is seeking some sort of part time minimum wage job online but doesn't know where to go to find such jobs.

What does he do?

(He would hate to work at fucking McDonalds)
>>
>>18466111
>He would hate to work at fucking McDonalds
Tough shit, because that's all he's qualified to do. Experienced writers have a hard enough time making money, what makes you think a 16 year old can make money doing it?
>>
>>18466116
What is there to learn from McDonalds?

Nothing. There are no job skills that such a job gives you. You won't learn anything
>>
>>18466124
Typical 16 year old mentality.
>>
>>18466135
Please explain
I have no dad
>>
>>18466143
"soft" but important people skills
while you dont need them (ie you dont need to work at mcdonalds first before getting a job after graduation), they are good to get if possible
>>
>>18466124

It's not the skills from flipping burgers that you need. It's the skills you get from working in a fast paced environment and from being a subservient worm whose job it is to take orders and get me those damn fries.

You work shit jobs to learn how to work. You would be surprised what you can learn.
>>
"McJobs" or their equivalent actually teach you a ton. Most importantly, they teach you to respect a process, and how to work within a system, with a team, to achieve a goal. You'll learn that the customer ISN'T always right, and see that you need to treat your fellow man with respect even if they're working in a shitty burger flipping job.

Skills like working with money, dealing with stressful situations, and learning how schedules and such work are important translatable skills.
>>
>>18466111
This is the equivalent of using SWIM
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.