[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to study CS but I'm realizing I'm fucking garbanzo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
I want to study CS but I'm realizing I'm fucking garbanzo at math, failed the math section of the TSI the first time with 342, then kind of studied the second time but still failed with a 347, am I fucking retarded or what

p.s. TSI is some dumb test for Texans
>>
>>18465889
Discrete math is probably going to make you stumble. Have you taken CS classes in HS? How'd that go?

I knew idiots (like straight up idiots) that still managed to get a CS degree, so you probably won't be the only person with math difficulties
>>
>>18465906
Yeah I took a CS class in HS but that was a joke desu the guy that taught us probably shouldn't be certified for teaching. I did pass that class though.
>>
isn't garbanzo a fucking bean
>>
>>18465889
perfect, you are bad enough at math to be a CS major. congratulations
>>
Are you good at solving problems? The reason CS is related to math is because of the logic. You need to be good with solving problems, pointing out errors, similar to math.
>>
>>18465889
>I'm fucking garbanzo at math
What?

>>18466049
CS math is far from the most arcane or difficult, but any halfway decent program will absolutely shit on you if basic algebraic concepts seem difficult. Look up TSI practice questions, OP is REALLY in the shitter.
>>
>>18466105
For the CS course I'm taking it needs discrete math as well as university beginners algebra...there's also statistics. You can go with general and try to avoid math though
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.