[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Message a girl on OkCupid/PlentyOfFish/Tindr/Whatever >Get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: donald breaking down.jpg (15KB, 394x297px) Image search: [Google]
donald breaking down.jpg
15KB, 394x297px
>Message a girl on OkCupid/PlentyOfFish/Tindr/Whatever
>Get a response
>Girl loses interest 4-5 messages in and stops responding
>Literally every conversation on an online dating service I've had has gone this way?

What am I doing wrong man?

I put in the effort to come up with personalized conversation starters based on profiles, my grammar is solid enough for casual chats, and all that stuff, but it feel like my chats get cut short before we even have a chance to get to know each-other on even a basic level.

At which point I sit there like a retard waiting for response, with my only other option being an even more pathetic "PLS RESPOND" style comment. I rarely sink that low though.

I know I'm a bit on the socially retarded side, obviously as I'm a kissless virgin, but I never thought I was so bad that I can't even hold a conversation with a girl for more than five minutes before she gets bored and moves on. I'm putting in a real effort to hide my power level and filter any spergy shit that might come to my head, while still trying to be true to myself, but it feels like I'm only getting pity responses in what feel liked forced conversations.

It's starting to make my already rocky self esteem go even lower.

Any tips and advice on how to approach messaging girls would be much appreciated.
>>
>>18465419
Well, what do you say?
>>
OP everyone is gonna give you some bullshit advice but the point is this happens to every guy except the chads.
>>
>>18465419

you arent doing anything wrong you just arent standing out. even if you are a guy the conversations with girls are tedious.

five messages in is just
>sup
>nm you?
>nm. just hanging.
>what do you do for work?
>i work at the store
>oh

boring af. romance isnt about forcing an hour long conversation with every guy until something is interesting. its about chemistry. and unfortunately in an app thats hard to create.
>>
>>18465422
Generally open with some kind of icebreaker relating to either their work/field of study if it's interesting, or some other thing we have in common. Be it similar interests, tastes, pets, whatever. Worst case I'll comment on one of her photos if their profile isn't giving me much to work with.

From that point, I try to just go where the conversation takes me. Which is rarely very far, but still. Thoughtful replies to her answers, sprinkling a bit about myself in here and there, try to keep the conversation moving forward as best I can.
I try to avoid too many jokes, as I'm pretty self aware that my self-deprecating sense of humor doesn't really mesh well with online dating. Don't see any point in negging myself.
>>
Similar boat, bump for interest.
>>
you're approaching people out of your league. You want the ones that make you slightly cringe in disgust/embarrassment when looking at their pics and their descriptions.

I think as a man you have to spread your net as far out as possible. Write to literally tens of women simultainously.

Any decently attractive woman on a dating site gets literally tens of initial messages every day, receiving more than one response as a man is already an achievment.

>Girl loses interest 4-5 messages in
There never was any interest. Probably around 95% of responses are politeness.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170628-142311.png (531KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170628-142311.png
531KB, 1440x2560px
>>18465451

>tinder
>talking to them about pets
>wondering why they don't message back
>>
>>18465552

In my defense, I wasn't talking specifically about Tindr. It's my least used of the apps I've tried, as I've heard it's more about hookups than anything.
>>
>>18465584

Doesn't matter what app you were on, they're all looking to fuck, and none of them want to waste time with small talk.
>>
>>18465529
The problem is, I'm really not trying to bat put of my league. I'll message almost any promising girl regardless of looks, save for literal hamplanets and people who have 6 different genders/pronouns listed.

That drastic lowering of my bar and still failing as hard as I am is what's making me so depressed about the whole thing.
>>
>>18465419
Don't get to know them on the app. Just use it for getting their phone # and meeting IRL asap.
>>
Here's my general tips when using dating sites
>NO, I repeat NO double messages unless she has double messaged you and you at least have some form of a rapport (Broke this recently and I'm paying for it, and I have rapport with the girl, too)
>Don't freak out when they don't message back, some girls I've known take days to respond, take just as long to respond back
>Take the L. If she doesn't seem interested she's probably not interested, at least for the time being.
>Take longer than her to respond. Makes you appear busy, or disinterested, which makes them more interested
>Don't open up with a "lol you're cute:-)" type banter
>Play oblivious to signals or a little hard to get, it works wonders.
>Don't think with your dick
>Don't visit their profiles obsessively

For a final tip, I'll tell a story. One girl I was talking to, we chatted for a bit, and if I remember right she left me as the last message.

I waited awhile (days at least), then messaged her again, chatted for a message or two, then left her the last message.

Waited awhile again, messaged her and she was ready to play. You gotta learn the cat and mouse game.

One girl I was talking to stopped messaging me, we were actually having a decent convo then she just stopped out of nowhere. I thought, eh whatever.

Months later, hit her up for a second greeting to try and reopen see what I can get from it, swear to god first message back she gave me her number.

Girls are strange creatures. I use a dating site that has a "follow" system, girls have followed me and won't answer messages, girls have liked my pictures and won't respond to messages. It's really just a crapshoot.

I had one I didn't even talk to as a potential mate and we had a lot of cool convos, but now she's hardly responding to me. I guess the moral is to learn the game, try and read what would work on certain women, and also accept that women are just people in life and there's a ton of factors as to why they drop out of convos.
>>
File: whichisbasicallyallthetime.png (119KB, 209x301px) Image search: [Google]
whichisbasicallyallthetime.png
119KB, 209x301px
>>18465419

Just quickly get to the point and keep what you're talking about to something that can be converted into you asking her out to do it together very easily. First contact is not a "Impress the girl,be a clown" stage,it's the "showing her what you're after,be a man" stage.

> I'm putting in a real effort to hide my power level and filter any spergy shit that might come to my head

Also don't do this. If you're a brain damaged fucker,be a brain damaged fucker. Women want that far more than someone pretending to be Mr. Suave all the goddamn time. It's all about having fun and enjoying yourselves(Which definitely includes YOU, don't ever forget that) not constant poorly illuminated rooms and handholding.
>>
>>18465451
Sorry to tell this, but you are a needy boring retard.
If you want me to prove it, we can simulate conversation here.
See, girls on Tinder dont give a fuck about job or school. They want you to show them a good time where they can actually forget this shit, and preferably with drugs. They are not looking for a fucking husband nice guy. Listen to rappers like Ty Dolla $ign or Migos before you text and write what you hear in their songs.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.