[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having an introduction day next week at my new college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I'm having an introduction day next week at my new college and I am probably going to have to introduce myself to the other (15 or so) students. This bothers me a lot and I feel sick just thinking about it, I don't know what to do and I don't want to go through two whole weeks feeling like total shit.
>>
>>18465207

What's an "introduction day"? What happens in it? t my college, we just said our names for the professor the first day and a couple sentences about ourselves to break the ice. That's all.
>>
>>18465213
A day where new students come to together to 'become acquinted with each other' and get an explanation on our book lists, timetable, etc. I have a terrible social anxiety and things like these bother me a whole lot
>>
>>18465231

But is it an auditorium full of people listening to the professors talk? Is there a meal to share? Games? I mean, if it's only the first thing, then it's just like a class, dude.
>>
>>18465235
I have no idea, I've yet to see that. No meal to share or games or any of that, though.
>>
>>18465246

Then what's the problem? It's just like any other class you'll have and that you have ever had.
>>
>>18465251
But we may have to introduce ourselves to each other.
>>
>>18465255

Really? Are they gonna make every student introduce themselves to each other?
>>
Stop demanding yourself to have something interesting or exceptional to say. Just say something like:

Hi, I'm Tom, I grew up on a farm. I tried collecting stamps as a teen, when I felt the need to have a hobby, but it never stuck. I want to work outdoors, that's why I'm studying geology. I like music you can dance to, but I have no sense of rhythm. I'm easy to talk to, feel free to say hi, or talk about anything especially if I look really busy, that is when I need a break the most. This is going to be a great year!

Stop worrying. You are a person not a news anchor. There is no teleprompter in real life.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.