[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to turn my life around and start being healthy. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I want to turn my life around and start being healthy.

I'm not fat dude, but I've pretty much lived off fast food and little physical activity since high school and I often feel weak, shitty, and just generally unhappy.

Problem is I'm literally retarded when it comes to understanding body health, never been to a gym, I don't understand things like carbs/calories and things you should care about when it comes to diet/food. I'm afraid to go to a gym where there are people as I don't know anything and I'd be wasting someone's time or having people stare at me while I try to work a strange machine and fail to lift something.

And then there's my diet. I eat fast food, ramen, and other shit I probably shouldnt be eating everyday for years. I hated vegetables since I was a kid and cant remember the last generally healthy thing ive eaten. I just tend to like plain things, I hate things like dressing and anything remotely tart/bitter which most healthy dishes look like to me.

If anyone can point me to a good resource for fitness for someone who is a basically retarded but has a want to be healthy I'd appreciate it, or if you could give me some advice. I'm afraid to ask this on /fit/ because they'd shit on me, I have read the sticky on the board but I still honestly feel like it's for someone with at lease some knowledge and I literally dont know a thing about healthiness.
>>
>>1846517 Losing weight seems overwhelming but it's actually not that bad once you start to make progress. It's more about what you eat, but exercising regularly is also important. you can find information about the amount of calories in specific types of foods on the myfitnesspal app. You also need to work out your recommended calorie intake and work out a diet based around that. Literally no one gives a shit about others at the gym everyone is just there to work out not judge others. I'm no fitness expert but yeah that's the basics.
>>
>>18465189
I dont really have a goal of LOSING weight, I kinda just want to be healthier and look and feel better. Im 6 ft, 160lbs right now and I dont have a problem with that, I just often feel like shit and feel weak everyday because I eat mcdonalds and kfc and other poison fast food everyday

I would like to get a little muscle on me too thats why I figured Id need to do some lifting I just have zero knowledge on anything when it comes to gym stuff or eating right

I might build up confidence to hit the gym, maybe if I can find a good early time where I feel like not many ppl are around and I can take my time to learn
>>
>>18465201
Well eating healthy and exercising will naturally make you feel healthier. To gain muscle you obviously have to start lifting. If I were you I would go down to your local gym and talk to a trainer and they could set you up with a program. From my experiences people in fitness have always been welcoming and helpful to people who are inexperienced.
>>
>>18465178
A few years ago I developed severe allergies to wheat and dairy and that limited the foods I was able to eat and have been eating vegetables fruits and meats every day since then. In the beginning it seems very hard to maintain the diet and eat the food that you hate but eventually you'll get used to eating like that and you'll look and feel better.
>>
read michael pollan

and look into yoga

Good luck anon
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.