[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one pinpoint mental illnesses? Is talking to a psychologist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1498055032552.png (261KB, 630x565px) Image search: [Google]
1498055032552.png
261KB, 630x565px
How does one pinpoint mental illnesses?

Is talking to a psychologist the only way? How do you find a good one?
>>
>>18464090
Psychologist is a good start. Self diagnosis doesnt work for certain stuff because you as crazy person cant tell you are crazy.

But i bet you think you have depression, but in reality you are just sad, lost, 0 friends introverted neet.

>find a good one
Go to your practical doctor or search your insurance company to see what doctors are covered and just pick one, call him and make appointment.
>>
>>18464110
I've self diagnosed AVPD because out of, say, 20 symptoms I have about 16.

But other than that I'm not sure. I believe I'm on the autism spectrum somewhere. Check check and check but not neet.

I don't have a doctor and I don't have insurance.
>>
>>18464090
It's like finding a good doctor, you'll have to go off of reccomendations from friends and family, or neighbors.

Also, seeing a general physician is a good idea as well. S/He can help you and recommend a therapist if you need one.

Just remember that mental illnesses are usually just extreme forms of normal parts of or psychology. Try not to be too critical of your mental quirks and only go to a doctor if it is actively causing a problem in your life
>>
>>18464123
>avpd

Sure you don't mean cowardice?

>have job
>no insurance
Nigger what the fuck.

Your life is a disaster
>>
File: 200.png (76KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
200.png
76KB, 200x251px
>>18464123
>don't have insurance
Usa everybody. Spent billions on army, but fuck your citizens health. Jezus i love beating dead horse aka usa healthcare.

Get insurance which covers mental issues and get hoked up with some doctor. Even if you dont have it, at least you will have somevody to talk to you. Also you never know when you will break your leg. Get insurance asap.
>neet
Get job first.
>impossible
Pic related.
>>
>>18464137
>cowardice
No, I just self-sabotage my future self for the sake of not doing something I don't want to do now. It doesn't have to be anything difficult or scary (although that makes it worse) it could be something simple, like doing the dishes.
>>18464143
You lost me at that last part.
>>
>>18464137
>>18464155
Oh, and about the insurance part. Even with the "sliding scale" of Obamacare, that shit is expensive. And if you have the shit-tier insurance, you can forget about getting coverage basically anywhere.
>>
>>18464160
>shit is expensive
Imagine living in 1st world country where you can get terminal cancer, break your leg, have depression and everything from chemotheraphy, your personal shrink to pills is covered automatically from either your state (unemployed, student) or from your own taxes (employed).

So what you gonna do? Ignore your mental issues, probably getting worse with time until suicide booth will be implemented?
>>
>>18464177
Do you live in the USA or no? Our new healthcare system doesn't quite work that way. Far as I know.
>>
>>18464090
>How does one pinpoint mental illnesses? Is talking to a psychologist the only way?
The definition of a mental illness is pretty loose these days. Even being single can be one. Seriously http://gizmodo.com/failure-to-bone-is-now-a-disability-according-to-the-w-1788103893

Basically if something causes you distress on a daily basis it can be diagnosed as one and treated.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.