[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will have to do some public speaking next week to get my degree.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: im so startled.gif (484KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
im so startled.gif
484KB, 500x376px
Will have to do some public speaking next week to get my degree. It will be my first presentation in 7 years and I have a massive fear of presenting.

Wat do? Alcohol? Beta blockers? Watch Trump videos for inspiration?
>>
Just don't think or care about the audience.

If anyone can talk about the subject it is you providing you know it.

If Trump can get elected then you can give one small talk.
>>
Get to know what you are talking about very well. I find that when I actually know what I'm talking about I'm much less stressed. I can go off my notes and still form comprehensive sentences. If I wing it, I often find myself searching through my notes with awkward silences which lead to more stress/embarrassment and it all goes downhill from there. Also phenibut helps to keep the stress down.
>>
>>18463257
Whatever you do, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL
>group projectt
>last week of semester one year
>we were slated to go day 2 of 2
>day 1 we were just gonna watch the rest of groups
>i decided to happy hour before class that day
>day drunk but was just gonna sit in seat
>one other group ended up not going
>teacher offered extra points if any day 2 group went
>everyone in my group agreed
>up on stage for like 20 minutes
>i'm just sweating profously
>everyone thinks i'm nervous as fuck
>i was just drunk and didnt want to indicate that i was
>everyone probably remembers me as that extremely sweaty public speaker

Also, rehearse it.
It'll make it easier
>>
>>18463257
>Get to know what you are talking about very well
This times 500. I fucked up badly when I gave my first speech in college. I was a nervous wreck, and that day ultimately became my worst day in freshman year. Second speech rolls around, I made sure to memorize it. It ended up being great and easy.
>>
>>18463360
just because you're retarded doesn't mean alcohol won't help

you're not supposed to get drunk, just a small drink to take the edge off

alcohol helped me get through the first half of my public speaking class, by the second half I didn't need it
>>
>>18463257
How the fuck did you go 7 years without having to present once?
>>
Is it for a class?
>>
>>18463341
This....
Stop Giving A Fuck

also, if you've done a good job they can't fail you anyways, even if it is a train-wreck

Its gonna suck, but then it'll be over, and you win!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.