[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/. I'll take advice but this is more just venting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2258.jpg (100KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2258.jpg
100KB, 1200x630px
Hi /adv/. I'll take advice but this is more just venting. My wife and I are having a kid next month. Our relationship is great but I have a terrible mother in law. She's a drunk and a manipulator. She also lives across the street.

In preparation for our kid my wife and I have been saving money and gift cards in a little piggy bank just for the baby. This afternoon I wanted to see just how much and opened the bank to find it empty. It should have had around 200$.

There's only been one other person in our house and that would be my asshole MIL. This of course led to a huge screaming match with my very pregnant wife over confronting her.

I guess my question is do I go against my wife's wishes and have it out with my MIL and tell her that I never want her to come here again or do I allow my wife to just eat this as a loss like we always do? (this isn't the first time we've had stuff stolen from us).
>>
You need to do two things. First wait until the baby is born because your wife is feeding for two and her hormones are out of whack. Second after the baby is born, politely talk to your wife and let her know you waited the month so that your wife is undisturbed but that this is something you and her have to nip in the bud now. Let her know that you love the baby and her and that you are doing this so the baby can have some money saved up. Be firm but not angry. You can't confront your MIL behind the back of your wife, it will look like you betrayed her. Gotta get that permission.
>>
>>18463018
I say confront her.

If the situation was different, like if she lived farther away and didn't come over all the time, I'd say to let your wife mostly control how you interact with the mother in law.

But if she's coming over all the time and she lives across the street then you have every right to have your own relationship on your own terms with her, which means speaking your mind without any intermediary
>>
>>18463037
He doesn't need permission. He's a grown man and this person stole from him (and from his wife, but most importantly from him).

Women are constantly hormonal. Their hormones don't just go back to normal immediately after giving birth either.
>>
File: 1496921892309.jpg (8KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1496921892309.jpg
8KB, 320x320px
I agree that you should probably confront her but without gaining support from your wife I have no idea how you're going to approach that old cunt without ending up looking like an asshole. I'm just assuming, but she's probably not going to fess up to stealing your baby money for alcohol or whatever, plus if she's truly manipulative then she can easily pull the defenseless old woman card and make you look like a dick if you yell at her. Hell, she could probably fuck you over just by bringing it up, especially if your wife isn't on board.

So although I think you should approach her, id say do it with caution and maybe get a second opinion from a friend you can trust, possibly bring someone with you too if you're wife isn't down that could be a witness if the mother in law tries to pull any funny business and blame you for something that you didn't do
>>
It's just a totally shitty situation. I don't want to stress my wife out anymore than she already is but I can't swallow this one. Stealing to fuel an addiction from your unborn grandchild is pretty fucking low.
>>
Tell that lying alcoholic bitch to give the fucking money back. If she doesn't, tell that lying alcoholic bitch to stay away from you and your baby. If she doesn't, call the cops on that lying alcoholic bitch.

You can work out how this effects your relationship with the mother of your unborn child later.
>>
>>18463472

Yeah bud sorry but as a man, you have to confront her. She can't be allowed back in.
>>
>>18463846
as a married man, if your wife is siding with her mom when there is clear cause to be at least suspicious of her, is a major warning sign.

if you can't make your wife see that she is effectively placing her relationship with her mom ahead of her husband, then you have basic marriage problems beyond the scope of regular help.
>>
>>18463871
Nothing is 'normal' when a woman is pregnant.
>>
Don't leave anymore money or valuables laying around in your house.
>>
Why would your wife defend her mother in this case if you are so sure she took the money?
>>
>>18464057
It's hard to admit that your mom is a lying cheating piece of shit.
>>
>>18463018
just forget about it and let your wife sort out this one
also: make friends with MIL and get her to bang/blow you once your wife sinks into post partem depression and won't fuck anymore
>>
>>18464044
THIS
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.