[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What count as a suicide attempt? I will have an appointment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 0FLIh1O.jpg (99KB, 608x814px) Image search: [Google]
0FLIh1O.jpg
99KB, 608x814px
What count as a suicide attempt?

I will have an appointment with a therapist in a few weeks and I'm of sure if I should talk about the fact that I stopped eating for a couple of days hoping to die by means of vsed. I stopped when I realized is not painless as some people say, and those who do it are high on morphine. I wouldn't know what to say if the therapist asks about this.

I find it hard to talk about this kind of things in person, even if it is with a professional
>>
Well that sounds like an attempt to me. A halfassed, hardly thought trough, if at all, one, but still - an attempt. That was honestly some of the dumbest shit I've heard in a while, but I've done my fair share of dumb under the influence of depression, so who am I to judge.

Yeah, tell your therapist. He/she'll be way more gentle than me and will probably not mention your utter idiocy, but will be able to provide better help with more info.
>>
File: thinking.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
143KB, 600x600px
>>18462826
>suicide. 1: the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally.
>attempt. 1.make an effort to achieve or complete (something, typically a difficult task or action).

>I stopped eating for a couple of days hoping to die

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>18462893
>That was honestly some of the dumbest shit I've heard in a while
according to some books it was a fine method

I read Final Exit and the author recommended it. My reason was that it would look like death from eating disorder, thus it wouldn't hurt my relatives as an obvious suicide (gunshot for example)
>>
>>18462911
but people usually go all the way through

If they fail is not because they voluntarily stopped whatever they were doing
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.