[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any optometrists here? I'm 23 and I want to get laser eye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: lasik[1].png (462KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
lasik[1].png
462KB, 640x427px
Any optometrists here? I'm 23 and I want to get laser eye surgery. Is it worth it or should I get contacts?
>>
>>18461537
Imagine cutting a tomatoe slice from a whole tomatoe, that is what they will do to your eyeball before they shoot the laser.
>>
>>18461605
Not necessarily. For myself they put a soft ring on the surface of the eye then dropped some kind of chemical in the middle that removed the epithelium before performing the ablation.

Not needing glasses is pretty nice. Especially when doing things that need goggles like snorkeling or skiing or playing paintball. The only downside is that I get painfully dry eyes sometimes, but I think that may be because of excessive computer use that Cryzal lenses used to protect me from. I weirdly miss having glasses sometimes, they were a feature that was part of me, but I try and remember I actually hated them.

By the way, if you get PRK the recovery is brutal. Several days spent walking in circles in the dark, listening to music and shaking my hands trying to forget the pain. Lazik (the tomato surgery the other anon talked about) is apparently less painful and faster to recover from.
>>
>>18461537
It is risk as any other operation.

What they dont tell you is how big chance is that your eyes will get worse than you are now. The money are always on the 1st place. Your health? Somewhere at the bottom.

How many dioptres you got? You are far sighted or short sighted?
>>
>>18461537
Depends on your refraction at this point, since it will limit your choice on excimer surgery

Most older colleagues of mine debate the two most frequently done - LASIK or PRK

The thing with LASIK, the example with the tomato is easy to visualize, they don't actually remove a whole slice, they make a "lid" that remains attached to the cornea - like a hinge

The flap is the thing you have to be careful from that point on, so it depends on lifestyle and job (think contact sports for example...bad idea)

PRK on general has a worse initial period, but without the potential flap complications
>>
Some girl I knew got it done recently, I hear they fucked her shit up. I'll wait a few decades before I let some retard point a laser at my eye.
>>
>>18462947
>>18462943 here
Yeah most times a Excimer surgery goes without a hitch but when it goes bad it's goes the worse way possible

OP I'd say stick to contacts for now if you are not sure, if not get a second, third and fourth opinion
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.