[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be balding profusely (20 years old lol) >can't stand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: hair-system.jpg (91KB, 1000x585px) Image search: [Google]
hair-system.jpg
91KB, 1000x585px
>be balding profusely (20 years old lol)
>can't stand how i look with short hair/balding hair
>want to get a hairpiece hair system whatever the fuck (which will cost about $2000 a year to maintain) until i'm 25 or old enough to not care about my appearance or not have any anxiety about looking strange)

i feel like i'm too young and inexperienced to look like an old man, like my appearance doesn't match who i am (because i have the emotional development of a 15 year old due to being a shut-in). i'm fucking locked in my house because i hate showing my face and shitty hair when i go outside

pic related, it's basically a wig that has semi-permanent adhesive (taken off every 2 weeks to be cleaned). it's one of those things that you can tell is fake if someone tells you it is, but otherwise you wouldn't notice.

i need some serious validation on this. i hate going outside and having people stare at my hairline, especially older bald men probably feeling bad for me for dealing with it at this age
>>
>>18461397
Post hair on here

24 here, hairline is going quickly now but it started when I was 16 so I know how you feel. If it really is that bad, like approaching combover levels of bad, I'd consider just shaving it off. I work with a guy around 22 who's bald, but he wears it well and confidently so it makes him look young despite the lack of hair.
I had hair reaching halfway down my back about 6 months ago, but cut it short because I was only trying to delay going bald so I'd feel better. Besides, bald men are attractive to a lot of girls so you'll be raking in the mires.
>>
I'm 22 and I've been balding and thinking since I was about 20 and I can sympathise with how you feel right now, when it first started happening to me i was freaking out and constantly self conscious about how my hair looked. I tried growing it out, styling it different, changing shampoos, amongst other things but none of it really helped and just made me even more self conscious the more i thought about it. I know it sucks but coming from someone who is comfortable with my hair at this point, the best thing you can do is just accept it and own it. Sure you're young and it sucks that you're losing your hair but hair isn't everything, and you're showing and great deal of maturity and self acceptance by owning your shortcomings and moving on with your life. Also, I guarantee you nobody else notices/cares expect for you, I've vented to my friends about going bald and they said they didn't really notice until I brought it up. What worked for me was just cutting my hair super short with a 1 guard on some clippers, a buzz cut actually alleviates the impact of balding hair because it makes it less noticeable and makes you look more confident/alpha. I still rock the buzz cut but I'm planning on shaving my head clean once my beard comes in a little more. My point is that if you accept what life has thrown at you and life your life despite something as arbitrary as losing your hair, people will notice and admire your confidence much more than they would have ever done if you just had a full head of hair. Pic related is what I'm talking about with real short buzzcuts, Jesse pinkman is starting to recede and thin but fuck tons of women and gay dudes think he's hot as fuck because he owns it and doesn't seem self conscious about it at all.

Good luck though anon, I feel for you man.
>>
>>18461397
buzzcut
>>
>>18461413
i just feel like i look too young to have a bald head. everyone looks at me strange because i walk around with donald trump hair. i feel like i seriously wouldn't mind as much if i was in my late 20s when this happened, because i'd have like somewhat of an established life and confidence in things other than my appearance

>>18461418
i guess it's not as much about getting girls for me, but my personal aesthetic preferences for myself. also i live around a lot of asian people and get jealous of how good their hair is. thanks for your response though
>>
>>18461446
Bald != old
Having Donald trump-tier hair will make you look older than going bald for sure. Not trying to make you feel bad about how you currently look, just that if it truly is that advanced then you'll look so much better going for bald or very short. Can you grow a beard? If so try it; I went from long hair and clean shaven to short hair with beard and the whole week after, people at work were telling me how much younger I looked and how it suited me.

Another way of looking at it, as an anxious person: the worst is already happening (having bad hair and suffering confidence because of it) so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying it. Even if it looks only slightly better, you will feel better about yourself for having given it a try - and that shows through more than any amount of hair would achieve.
>>
>>18461397
another thing that makes me less comfortable with being bald is the fact that i'm "ethnic" (middle eastern heritage)

with moderately long hair, it offsets the slightly exaggerated features i have (such as my nose, jaw, cheekbones, etc), gives me a more neotenous, innocent appearance and it sort of allows me to bypass people's prejudices and not make them afraid of me. i feel like if i shaved my head and grew a beard, my appearance would go from cute to allah huakhbar in a second and id be immediately less trusted everywhere
>>
>>18461467
it's not necessarily donald trump, but you can sort of see how the hair from the back covers most of the forehead and how thin the hair is at the front.

i see the beard thing work well on a lot of guys, but with my skin color and all i feel like id be taken as some sort of terrorist or something
>>
File: trump2.png (305KB, 462x420px) Image search: [Google]
trump2.png
305KB, 462x420px
>>18461489
forgot the image fuck
>>
File: trump3.png (237KB, 372x441px) Image search: [Google]
trump3.png
237KB, 372x441px
>>18461492
here's another one where it looks significantly worse
>>
File: EXPOSED.png (245KB, 398x323px) Image search: [Google]
EXPOSED.png
245KB, 398x323px
here's the final one with the shit completely exposed
>>
>>18461492
>>18461496
>>18461503
you're balding? news to me. even in the 3rd pic i can't tell. your hair is cute. -femanon
>>
>>18461492
>>18461496
>>18461503
You look like Aladdin from the Disney film, looks good
Confidence in who you are and what you like goes much further than hair or looks, but it doesn't come easily. As far as the anxiety goes, I get you but you have to take it slow. Nobody is going to turn around and say "well I want to be friends with you but you have shit hair" (you don't)
>>
File: 15 yr old.png (136KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
15 yr old.png
136KB, 300x246px
>>18461505
its the bad resolution of the image. compare it to the density i had when i was 15 through this image that also has bad resolution
>>
>>18461503
FUUUUCK. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED. A fucking proper haircut.
>>
>>18461516
well thanks for the advice/responses. i guess the anxiety is mostly the disconnect between the logic/rationality of things and how well it translates to my emotional responses/reactions. i tend to feel like people are always watching and thinking i'm weird and shit when i'm out in public, or like they can sense my awkwardness and in turn feel uncomfortable themselves. i'm bad at concluding paragraphs
>>
Propecia you dumb fucks
>>
OP, I'm also losing my hair prematurely at 23. As soon as I noticed some thinning, I got on finasteride and minoxidil right away. Many people here suggest buzzing or shaving your head and it's not bad advice by any means, but I don't agree with it personally. It's great to just accept it and show how confident you are, but if there's something that you can do to hold on to your hair, I'd rather do that first. I feel much more confident with my hair and I'm not planning on losing it anytime soon.

I suggest you look into fin and minoxidil, then decide for yourself if you'll try them out. You'll hear some horror stories about fin and I'm sure they're true but everyone reacts differently and you won't know til you try it. I've been using both for 8 months and not only has my hair loss been halted, but I'm also seeing regrowth. Even if those are poor quality pics, you still have enough hair to experience succesful treatment since you're early in the hair loss stages.

Hair systems can be really expensive to maintain if you go to a professional salon, but you can also order them online and do all the work yourself for a much lower price. If you plan to go this route, I suggest having the professionals take care of your hair for one year, then you take over from there once you've learned the ropes.

Good luck my man, it's an uphill battle but there's hope.
>>
File: 1498187451579-adv.jpg (61KB, 914x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498187451579-adv.jpg
61KB, 914x960px
>>18461545
I know the feeling, as a recovering /g/entooman I used to have too much free time and spent it worrying about surveillance and shit, and in real life I'd worry that everyone was looking at me and talking behind my back. Really the only advice I can give is that most people have their own problems to deal with, they're not thinking about it as much as you think. Even if you know that logically, your mind doesn't believe it yet. Look into some cognitive behavioral therapy, either in person or on a site like Moodgym, it takes time but if you commit to it you'll start to catch yourself thinking in certain ways and slowly feel a bit better.

https://moodgym.anu.edu.au/
>>
>>18461397
Shave it off retard.
I've buzzed my hair about 1 month ago (I'm almost 20) and its amazing.
>>
>>18462843
I dont have the face for it
I tried short haircuts and my face looked awful
Its either plastic surgery or propecia I reckon
>>
I shaved my head at 18 and never looked back. Its much cooler. Looks more aggressive. Grew a big ass beard. Get laid. No complaints man. Shave that shit and move on in life. Dont have some half ass rug people will laugh at. There is not head rug that looks natural. Shave that shit man. Grow a fucking set.
>>
>>18462873
don't be a bitch just use propecia. It won't kill your dick like people say. They're just jealous baldies who couldn't hop on it on time
>>
>stop eating gluten, red meat and sugar
>stop ejaculating
>exerciser and sleep
>supplement vitamins (omega 3s, B, C, D, and MSM to be specific)
>take a shitload of biotin
>drink a lot of water
>get on propecia and rogaine
>>
>>18461492
How the fuck is that balding?

What does your crown look like?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.