[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a disease or illness that can make you lose all interest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: sink.jpg (29KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
sink.jpg
29KB, 306x306px
Is there a disease or illness that can make you lose all interest in everything?

> inb4 depression

I've been depressed, on meds, psychologist, the whole shibang and this doesn't seem like it.

> 21 yo Male
> wake up 3 weeks ago
> nothing feels real
> feel totally indifferent towards everything
> no joy out of reading, vidya, movies, exercising, animu, nothing
> just sit around all day staring out the window thinking about nothing in particular
> no motivation to do anything BUT also no guilt in sitting around not doing anything

Any idea what's going on? I tried vidya and anime today and just couldn't get into it. Got bored and shut it off and just sat in silence on the couch. This doesn't bother me as much as it should but things used to be different
>>
>>18461008
Had a period like this, just keep trying new things, for 28 days, it becomes a habit
>>
>>18461032
> it becomes habit
Meaning I get used to it and live the rest of my days like this?

Any idea what triggered it for you?
>>
>>18461053
I don't reject the idea, that it could be a chemical imbalance, try Sr Jhons Worth or w/e is called, don't do shitty anti depressives you end up worse.

I'd say try many different things, the more wide the better, what triggers me to stay positive is perhaps my view on life and how I go about it as positive as possible, while doing the opposite of how I feel sometimes.

tl;tr, just try new things, it eventually makes your perception on things wider.
>>
File: 1491721423799.jpg (89KB, 705x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491721423799.jpg
89KB, 705x960px
>>18461008
I have had severe panic attacks (not kidding, almost debilitating, had to lie in bed few days doing breathing exercises and reading stuff on the internet) and I've been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I also took anti-depressants almost 2 years. I am slowly recovering now.

I can relate to how it feels when nothing seems real around you and you are completely disinterested in world around you, even to your family and friends.

What has worked very well for me in the past to find a solution to this is to do something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Do something you don't normally do, shake off the routine. Very good and easy way is to just travel somewhere ALONE. Take a bus ride to town/city that is at least few hundred miles away and explore some of it's locations as if you are playing a computer game and you received a quest to explore a location, looking for a secret scroll. Do it with the same "sense of mission", so to speak.

This is easier said than done, and I've had panic attacks while following this advice in the past, but I remember how some old friends I met when I was travelling could briefly keep me company and later, I felt much better and almost regained a sense of purpose or a mission I thought was lost.

I am saying this to you because short-term, this advice will make you anxious and you will have some nervous moments, but long-term, if you don't follow this advice at least once, you will unironically end up with a nasty drug addiction habit or suicidal because you feel too trapped in your own head.
>>
>>18461056
Noted. I'll look into St. Johns Worth, thanks m8

>>18461066
Welp. Worth a shot then. I appreciate the advice
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.