[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just graduated highschool a week ago. I can do literally anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0506.png (81KB, 469x361px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0506.png
81KB, 469x361px
I just graduated highschool a week ago.

I can do literally anything I want with my life now, so I'm thinking about getting a job.

Does anybody know if I can get an office job as a receptionist or something? I worked retail before, so I have customer service experience. I'm also 18 and have a diploma.
>>
>>18460983
>Does anybody know if I can get an office job as a receptionist or something?
Sure, why not? You'll probably need to know someone who can get you such a job though.
>>
>>18460983
Diploma? Fuck off
You have a "Congratulations I'm 18" sheet
That's not a diploma.

Since you're ok with being a receptionist, you're a woman.
Do you know how women got jobs in the past? Sucking dick.
Every single receptionist in the Mad Men style world got it by sucking the fuck out of dicks. I mean why hire one over an other? Any mong can do reception work. And that was before the middle class was in the tens of millions. Now you need to suck dick REAL good to do it. Thousands are apply just for the opportunity.

Aim higher. I have no advice for you other than the fact that if you think that the old world of business still exists, you're wrong.
Business now is a great filter for who will sacrifice everything and for those who have family in it already.

For everyone else, get fucked. That's it.
>>
>>18460983
>I can do literally anything I want with my life now, so I'm thinking about getting a job.

Can you crap a salary that can afford your state's cost of living?
>>
>>18461001

Damn dude, if I knew you'd take my post this far up your ass, I would have bought some astro glide.
>>
>>18461028
If I knew you'd be so juvenile, I would have covered my post in sugar and given you a fucking Happy Meal toy.

Get fucked. That's not an insult. It's a promise what the world will do to you
>>
>>18461001
Ignore this retard, his writing style sounds like a bitter NEET.

>>18460983
I work as in-house graphic designer at office currently, full time, and I don't really know what receptionist means in office context. You mean retail instead? Retail is not good unless temporarily to support a college study or while looking for field-related job.

If you want a decent office job you should go for trade school, they offer training programs for some of the office jobs. If you're a guy, something entry-level and IT-related sounds good, like a tech admin or something, and you can work your way up there to logistics and supply ordering.

What do you like to do in your spare time, anon? Do you have specific interests or hobbies?
>>
>>18461050

In my spare time I usually play video games, hang out with friends, or skateboard.

My last job required alot of talking to customers.
I was thinking that receptionist would be similar to that. On top of that they also help with scheduling and what not.

Of course, It's probably not the only entry level office job I'm suited for. There is probably alot of clerical and IT work I can do. I don't wanna make a career out of it though. I just need some money to put towards a car and housing down the line.
>>
>>18460983
If your parents will host you for a few years immediately get an associates degree and just work 3 days max. Now is the best time. Try to get a general ed transferable one or one that will get the bills paid.
>>
>>18461059

My parents are housing me, but nobody has money for college.
I plan on going into the navy next year to get my college free. I just need some work in the mean time so I can get a car.
>>
>>18461065
Community college is free if you have no money or very close to free. Try waiting tables and taking classes. See them about a tuition waiver asap. You can do military too, but you might not go back for college once you start that.
>>
>>18461065
So you have something worked out there with going to navy and you need something temporary? Why didn't you say that to begin with.

In >>18461058 it sounds like your hobbies are nothing too specific except that you mention that you can handle customer service.

Best I can think on top of my head for such situation is to work at the gas station retail. They usually hire young people and they require you to do nothing too fancy - cashier stuff and cleaning. I've also heard they pay an OK wage as well. You should look for that, OP.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.