[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I applied to a job and made it past the first round. They sent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: umwhat.gif (2MB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
umwhat.gif
2MB, 450x252px
I applied to a job and made it past the first round. They sent an email, and the two names at the bottom of the email didn't match the name the email belonged to, but I brushed it off. I filled out the questionnaire from the email and sent it in yesterday. I checked facebook today and saw that one of the people from the bottom of the email sent me a friend request on facebook.

Why did they do that and do I accept?

>tl;dr hiring person friend requested me on facebook, wat do
>>
>>18460478
They obviously want to see what you post. A lot of companies do that now a days. That are not going to hire you if you are posting offensive things etc
>>
>>18460492
It's just very bizarre to me and feels a bit unprofessional. It doesn't help that her profile seems more like someone my age who just travels the world versus someone in charge of hiring people. Her profile also doesn't mention where she's (supposedly) currently working
>>
>>18460502
Don't accept. It's your privacy, they can fuck off.
>>
>>18460521
But I also feel that if they're interested in seeing how I act and the things I post, not accepting the request will hurt my chances of being accepted.

I'm not concerned about my facebook profile, I don't post anything inappropriate. I'm concerned that the job is fake or a scam or something. It feels too good to be true and this weird shit is only aggravating that feeling
>>
>>18460534
don't accept, it could be just some bot that adds friend requests from emails
>>
>>18460534
Your choice then, if it's a scam, I suppose you'll notice it before it becomes too late
>>
It's not like it's going to hurt you right? Facebook has some good privacy settings that don't even let your friends see most shit.
>>
>>18460534
> not accepting the request will hurt my chances of being accepted

Have some fucking pride. If they reject you for this, you wouldn't want to work for them to begin with.
>>
seems like a stupid strategy for them, just assuming that you'll accept a friend request from a stranger just because you figured out for yourself that the stranger supposedly is with your prospective employer.

if that's what they do, they probably get a ton of people who don't accept just because they don't know why a stranger is adding them
>>
>>18460478
This>>18460492

Pro tip, you never attach your real name to any social media account. Unless you plan to only ever post 100% unoffensive shit only your grandma would approve of on them. If you want to be a real person online, you have to have a fake name. Fake picture is usually good too, but I only had an employer find my real account once through picture and I just told them "Oh yeah, someone stole my picture and is using it on their account. I've contacted facebook about it a couple times but it's been this whole process. It's a fishing account, don't friend it."
lol
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.