[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idk what the difference is between being really sad and being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Idk what the difference is between being really sad and being depressed. But I've been feeling like this just about every day for almost 2 years. Sometimes I start to cry out of nowhere like at work, friends house, my house, and I have to isolate myself so no-one can see me. Any advice on how to cheer up?
>>
>>18460388

depression is actually more of a numbness that makes it hard to feel anything. not an extreme sadness.

either way, go to therapy.
>>
>>18460419
This
Despite popular culture, depression isn't about feeling sad.

Real depression is about the inability to feel anything
>>
>>18460419
I can't afford it and trust me I want to go
>>18460463
Well, I definitely still feel other motions so that's good to finally know. I still feel really sad almost every day though
>>
>>18460471
That means you are sad
And that's normal.

If you haven't gotten over someone for 2 years, it doesn't mean you're depressed
It just means you're pathetic.
>>
>>18460471

> i can't afford it

then look into therapy groups. look into finding someone online to meet up with and discuss your issues in person and advise one another. whatever you do dont just sit around assuming this is what you have to feel until it chooses to go away.
>>
>>18460480
Dunno where you got that from but ok.
>>18460481
Therapy groups sound better, actually. When you say look for someone online what do you mean specifically? Any recommended sites to look for?
>>
>>18460493

i more meant find someone locally who wants to meet in person to discuss issues but worse case you can find someone and have skype / phone chats.

no recommendations, really anyone. i met mine off 4chan but you can meet someone anywhere
>>
>>18460493
>Dunno where you got that from but ok.
Shit, sorry, I'm drunk
I read your OP, forgot about it, glanced over it again, saw the 2 years, and assumed

But yeah, still my point stands

I was depressed once. In a funk. Whatever.
What got me out was feeling nature
Get a book from the library, find a tree, and sit under it for a while.
Read, watch the leaves blow
>>
>>18460504
>>18460509
thank you both. When I think about it it seems a little obvious like yea duh I should probably just find someone to talk to or get a hobby or something. Also, I agree even if you didn't mean to call me pathetic I realized it's still pathetic that I've been sad for 2 years now. Thanks again
>>
>>18460550
Talking really helps, but so does the nature thing
My pop once told me to find one thing a day that is beautiful
That has really helped me
Just one thing
Whether it's clouds or wind in the trees, or a sunset

Just one thing.
And then just chill with it.

The biggest thing for me was finding friends. Friends change everything about your life.

This is going to sound really stupid, but I joined OkCupid when I was coming out of my funk. I thought I was ready, but I wasn't, but it still worked out. Talked to a girl, got a date or two, she didn't click, but she invited me to meet her ex boyfriend (she's totally insane I reckon, and so is he for allowing it). But he was great. We got along so good. Through him I made a bunch of friends. He's moved away a few years ago and I'm still in his former friends circle. My new best friend was someone the girl I dated ex's friend's friend.

Get out there. Just get out there and find the things in life worth enjoying.
>>
>>18460580
Thank you anon. My social skills aren't the best and I've been telling myself to get out there but it's still a challenge for me. And the nature thing I will definitely try. I've always been a fan of the outdoors. Well I'm sitting here like a fool typing and deleting words because Idk what to say. But again thank you for the advice! Sure it'll take time but whatever I need to do to stop feeling like shit I will do
>>
>>18460632
Get outside a lot and at least try to be social
Do those two things and you're doing good.

Try cooking too.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.