[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I lie about stuff all the time and never get caught out really,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

I lie about stuff all the time and never get caught out really, because I choose things people can't question. Mostly lie about traumas. I don't need to because I have experienced a lot of genuine trauma (which there's evidence of) but sometimes idk, I add on new events mostly because I'm interested in how differently people react to these things. Sometimes I find myself believing my own lies. It's weird, I gain very little from doing this but I started when I was around 11 and it's still happening 14 years later.

How do I stop doing this?
Why do I do this?
>>
>>18460329

Have fun living in a web of lies where, as soon as someone finds out you're lying about one thing will stop believing anything else you've said.

Hell, this thread's probably a lie too made for attention and because you're bored.
>>
>>18460329
You should know that most people who have talked to you a few times probably realize you're a liar.

I have known several people like you, and the ones I have known always seem to think nobody knows. I have even maintained long term friendships with such people, which sounds weird but the way it works is that I never trust them too much if they tell me a story that requires me to do anything or give them anything. As long as they aren't taking anything of mine, their lies are irrelevant.

But that doesn't mean I don't realize my friend is a liar.

And you might tell yourself "they might suspect but they don't know", and there's some truth to that. You probably mix true statements with lies, and nobody knows 100% which specific ones are lies. But they probably do have a general impression that you lie.
>>
>>18460338
Well, they're not things I could get caught out with.

But recently my tendency for lying has become out of of control, I left a job and lied to my family about it for weeks and then realised that a relative works with that department and could find out. Here's the kicker, I told the manager someone close to me died to excuse my erratic behaviour. Someone close to me is dying and the experience has been terrible, but they've not passed yet.

I feel genuinely very guilty for doing this, I was just very depressed and needed to escape. Usually the lies I tell are just harmless "experiments" but this time...I made myself feel sick.

Suddenly now, all the other lies seem wrong too.

I also used to have a problem with stealing. So I don't know if the issue is impulse control or poor discipline as a child? I am a very nice person and quite well liked aside from the lying and sometimes I have anger issues but that's very rare.
>>
>>18460364
This is something that I considered.

The worst thing is, I have two friends I made in recent years who I never, ever lie to. I think that when I became friends with them, I knew that I was ready for real, genuine friendship based on trust and honesty. Others I've met, it was never really going to be that way.

However, with my new found friends, I am constantly paranoid they think I'm a liar. As I said, I've had very genuine traumas and bizarre experiences in my life that sound like they could be lies, but they're true.

I am a liar, just not to them. I hate the idea of them experiencing me as that person.

If I stop lying, am I still a liar?
>>
>>18460373
You don't need to get caught out. You assume that just because nobody can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're a liar, that means they trust you. This is what my friends thought too.

Over time, people notice that you seem to have a lot of weird stories, and they wonder how one person can have had so much weird stuff happen to them.
>>
>>18460394
>If I stop lying, am I still a liar?
No. It may take a little time to build 100% trust with people, but I think it will get better.
>>
>>18460405
>Over time, people notice that you seem to have a lot of weird stories, and they wonder how one person can have had so much weird stuff happen to them.

That's the case for me and my history even if I don't lie though. I realised the other day after telling a story about my past homelessness, which really happened, that it sounded more like a lie than my actual lies.

I don't lie constantly! I just pick out ones every so often. Sometimes they're about really deep scarring events, I just want to see how it feels to imagine it happening, see how a person responds. I really regret it now though.
>>
>>18460373

>quite nice
>lying
>stealing
>poor impulse control
>anger issues

Suuuure, you're a great person OP. Really nice. I mean, we all love thieves and liars.
>>
>>18460458
Well anon...I am barely sociable at all and yet I am told repeatedly that I am empathetic, kind, considerate and fun to be around. I am socially awkward and yet people still love me. I can hardly believe it, but there's a lot of evidence that proves that fact.I am good at making people happy.

Of course, I don't think I'm all that great. In fact I don't like myself very much. But is it that strange to you that someone could offer be a positive influence in other peoples lives, whilst having some unsavoury tendencies?

The lies have mostly been curbed and the shoplifting eliminated completely.

Maybe someone you know personally is like me.
>>
>>18460458
It's common for some of the most charming well liked people to be incredibly cunning and emotionally manipulative.
>>
>>18460489

Trust me, it's not like I'm a saint myself, and understand that everyone has bad tendencies or makes mistakes or has things in their lives that they need to work on.

But I have a hard time believing anything you say anyway, so...
>>
I relate to you quite a bit honestly. I have a shut opinion of myself but...idk. it's like no one else sees it. The stealing, the little almost thoughtless lies. I just chalked it up to not wanting people to get close to me or else risk being vulnerable then subsequently hurt. Because of those ducked up experiences that produced that complex. I don't know you at all and I'm trying not to compare myself to your situation at all but... IDK. I know deep down what others feel around me can't be a lie. The making people feel safe and happy around me. Shit habits form as extreme coping mechanisms, no? Idk
>>
>>18460501
I am capable of being cunning and emotionally manipulative but my conscience at the last minute pulls me back unfortunately. If I have anything to gain by lying I lose my nerve too, because if there's something to gain there's also something to lose.

I think it's partly because my Father was that way, I suspect he was a sociopath. He would emotionally manipulate me, expose me to dangerous situations or harmful content and yet often spoilt me. He lied about all kinds of things. My mother is a liar too I think, likes to exaggerate a situation to get the reaction she want and she tells herself she's honest and likes things out in the open. She is overall a good person.

I've been surrounded by liars all my life when I think about it. The stealing though is all me, I just enjoyed the thrill of it because I was confident I could talk my way out of it if I was caught. Which I see now is blindly narcissistic.

>>18460510
>But I have a hard time believing anything you say anyway

Slightly frustrating.
>>
>>18460329
God damn OP I'm like you, and the reason I mostly do it is i'm a fairly private person. Lying just has less questions then the truth.

>last month
>mom asked me to drive her somewhere
>i agree
>friend asks if i want to hang out
>i lie and say i'm not feeling well
>truth is my mom needed to see the DMV of some unpaid tickets and got her license suspended

just quick shit that i dont even think twice about
>>
>>18460557
OP here.

The lying is definitely a way of preventing genuine intimacy and more than anything else, it gives you control. The thing is, with a lie you can really change the pace and the tone of a relationship. And of course, even with a stupid little lie, you're causing emotional distance that only you know about! It feels pretty safe.

I think figuring out what you stand to gain is important.

E.g. I personally think it's pathetic to lie to make yourself seem more interesting or accomplished to a friend because I'd rather be on my own than to have to big up my character. It's not genuine validation if it's based on a lie. So that's not it for me. I just find lies entertaining and enjoy the control, sometimes sympathy I gain.

I'll lie in an interview though, even to the degree of creating an entire job and faking references if I needed to. But most people will lie and cheat for gain if the amount you stand to gain outweighs the moral weight of the decision.

>>18460582
Hmm, yes,it makes conversations a lot easier.

I wouldn't say all of my lies are little, some are awful.
>>
File: Ai6WZgl.png (92KB, 519x563px) Image search: [Google]
Ai6WZgl.png
92KB, 519x563px
>>18460558

You've openly admitted that you make up stories, and that you've been lying for 14 years about emotional stories in order to probe people's reactions.

Is that a lie? Or are you being honest? Or is most of it the truth but there's a grain of falsehood somewhere in the mix, or is it mostly lies with a bit of truth?

What am I supposed to do about trusting you? You manipulate others on a regular basis. You're probably doing it right now. So, how can I believe what you say?

Welcome to your life, OP.
>>
>>18460622
>Welcome to your life, OP.

Incorrect.

I mentioned that the people I like best I'm honest with (friends) and have never lie to. Family probably know I like to lie but love me anyway, I try not to lie to them other than to hide things which I know almost everyone does.

Even if somehow I was unveiled as a liar, I can just make new friends, get a new job, move to a new city even?

I'm sure I'd learn my lesson then.

However your post does little to evoke a reaction in me. I don't care if you believe me, but I've nothing to gain by lying to you. The lies are only interesting when I'm intimate with someone, yes this includes online interactions with strangers, but not in a thread on 4chan. It would have to be one on one. In fact my favourite kind of lies are ones with people online just for the sake of it.
>>
>>18460610
Is what's underlying your urge to probe reactions and ultimately people's sympathy a way of feeling some sort of love and understanding from that person? Like you feel that lying will be the quickest way to feel cared about without risking the actual safety of not being vulnerable? Was you lying about your job to your parents not cus you felt embarrassed?
>>
File: 1378601818453.jpg (183KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1378601818453.jpg
183KB, 600x450px
>>18460662

>I like to lie
>I wouldn't lie on 4chan.
>My favorite kinds of lies are with people online just for the sake of it
>>
>>18460665
>a way of feeling some sort of love and understanding from that person

Yes. When I talk about my genuine traumas I feel a detachment and don't enjoy the feeling of being pitied. But I do want to be loved and understood.

>Was you lying about your job to your parents not cus you felt embarrassed?

Oh, definitely. I think that's a pretty normal lie. It's just lying to my job about the death of a loved one was just..very bad.
>>
>>18460678
:^)
Well, thanks for taking the time to point out the obvious anon. I appreciate it.
>>
File: 1498414807385.png (470KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1498414807385.png
470KB, 808x805px
>>18460489
Nobody likes me
>>
File: nicoletommy12.jpg (37KB, 445x528px) Image search: [Google]
nicoletommy12.jpg
37KB, 445x528px
>>18460689
I. I. I. Me. Me. Me.

You're so narcissistic OP. It's so obvious and pathetic. You made this thread because you thought people would be interested in your secret life of lies, but you're just a boring and pathetic fucko. Get fucked, because you're a common and ineffectual subset of person everyone meets. You're probably refreshing this thread to see the new developments right now. lolololol

Truth be told,you'll find a group of people that believe you, but it'll only be because they're too stupid or naive to know better. It's probably the sycophantic friend group you have now, the 'yes' men and 'yes' girls, who assume the best of people, or are at least superficial cynical. It's a consistent safe space. Anyways

You made up lies because you're weak, and you can't handle the trials and tribulations that come with being a normal person. Maybe you'll change, but when you do it'll hurt. And that's fucking hilarious. Enjoy your pitiful, lowly life OP! I wish I was there to see you run around like a chicken with their head cut off, but I'm sure someone will be getting a kick out of it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.