[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm heading to college in a few months with almost no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: cute loli.png (286KB, 1020x621px) Image search: [Google]
cute loli.png
286KB, 1020x621px
So I'm heading to college in a few months with almost no money and plan to be homeless for awhile. During this time I plan to buy a parking permit for my college and sleep in the car / live in the library doing homework/ studying. The thing I want to ask if what else do I need to consider? I'll have curtains around the part of the car I'll be in, I already have meal plans planned out (stuff that doesnt need a refrigerator/ stuff that I can eat before it goes bad), and I have a reliable way to shower every morning also the place has pretty good weather so it shouldn't get too hot/cold since I'll be moving again over the winters/summers.

pic not rlated
>>
>>18460190
Wow I just read that and its a cluster fuck. I'm mainly asking about what living in a car is like and what I need to consider ahead of time.
>>
people are going to be fairly judgemental and your relationships with people in college can affect the course of your life. wear a normal quantity of different clothes and keep them and yourself very clean.
>>
>>18460201
Ah yeah, I'll definitely keep as clean as possible I don't want to let people know I'm homeless, especially since I'll be teaching while I'm taking classes.

Also if people do realize, its a very hippie town so I don't think they will judge that much. Hell there's a guy working there now who, while getting his masters, was homeless too and people knew about it.
>>
Yeah remember laundry is a thing. Where are you going to do that?

Also you're gonna wanna keep your car clean 100% of the time. Living in cramped quarters means you can't ever leave a dish or single mcdonalds bag of trash laying around saying "I'll do it tomorrow".

For what it's worth though, a car space is about the same amount of space my college gave us in terms of dorms lol.
>>
>>18460190

How are you going to college with no money?
>>
>>18460216
There are local laundry mats every where in this town. I can afford the 5$ to do a full load.

Also I'm not too worried about the space, Its not huge but it's big enough for me to lay fully stretched. It will be cramped with a little bit of food/ my clothes in there too.

>For what it's worth though, a car space is about the same amount of space my college gave us in terms of dorms lol.

that sucks, its kind of like this here too, and the rent is 600-1200$ for the cheap stuff (depending on how many rooms you want).
>>
>>18460190
why not just rent a room in someones 4 bedroom house, if it isn't somewhere like the middle of los angeles or new york city you can get them for $500 per month which is like 13 hours of work per week
>>
>>18460218
I'm going to get a masters in statistics. Part of the masters package is that they waive my tuition and give me a job paying 15,000$~ a year. In return I teach two lower level math classes each semester.
>>
>>18460232
So you're just living the hobo life for shits and grins then. You don't actually have to.
>>
>>18460227
Because I really fucked up with my student loans and didn't say
>Hey I'm going onto a masters program! keep those loans in defferment please.
Because of this I'm going to have to pay those off at the same time. My college also has a strict "no working anywhere else but here"policy towards its graduate students. And thus I can't afford much else. I know it's my fault but I'm actually ok with the idea of living in my car, it will only be to sleep mainly.
>>
>>18460236
See
>>18460239

But back to the topic, anything else I'll need to consider?
>>
>>18460239

You could still ask them to do that with your loans, it's not a one-time deal, you can have those adjusted for reasons like... that you're going to school to get your Master's.
>>
>>18460251
I understand and I tried. I'm currently on a 9 month payment to get it out of default. However after this my debt will go to another company. Because of this movement of debt the current company that holds my debt was unable to say if I can go back into deferment or not, it will be up to the company that my debt gets move to. On top of this they said they don't know yet which company will claim my debt. Because of all this I don't know if I can go back into deferment for another 6 months and thus I want to plan for the worst case scenario.

If dont get deferment, then I keep living as I have been.

If I do get deferment great, I gained an appreciation of what homeless people have to live through and I saved some money.
>>
>>18460262
holy shit they are royally fucking your ass
stay strong dude
love your attitude at this
>>
>>18460288
I'm just seeing it as a chance to try something new out. No need to get very negative if you can't change it. But I also realize that living in your car can also be alot more than I would first think which is why I made this thread. My main fear is that I snore and could I get kicked out of the parking garage (even though i have a parking permit) because of this? I don't know anywhere in town/ near town that lets me park my car for free/cheaply over night.
>>
the guy's doing a masters in stats and can't even manage a fucking budget?

sounds perfect for gubbermint.
>>
>>18460393
Thanks for the advice, got anymore?
>>
>>18460393
Also no gubbermint for me, I want to do actuarial stuff.
>>
>>18460239
try tutoring people privately on the side, you'll get paid under the table and your department doesn't need to know
>>
>>18460466
Good idea but I doubt I could do it enough to afford rent of any kind. I'll have to be studying for actuarial exams on my own time so I wont have too much free time for other activities.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.