[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any circumstance where it's ever acceptable to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1498101913567.jpg (161KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498101913567.jpg
161KB, 960x720px
Is there any circumstance where it's ever acceptable to ask a girl out/get her number/give her your number when she's at work and you're a customer? I know all the drawbacks (she feels pressured to be nice to you since she's at work, she can't really get away, etc), but I never see her anywhere else. If it is acceptable how do you pull it off gracefully? pic unrelated
>>
>>18459774

as long as you ask calmly and nicely its acceptable. many girls will argue its not. many will argue it is. so whos right? if you want to make her the most comfortable about it, dont make it seem like a date and put the ball entirely in her court. hand her your business card and say 'id love to keep this conversation going, but I have to go. Text me sometime'.
>>
>>18459774
Just ask her if you can go eat out together some time after she is done with work.

Exchange addresses there.
>>
>>18459796
most girls would say it's OK if it's a guy they would say "yes" to, and it's not OK otherwise. Bitches are stupid like that.

Do it OP, good luck
>>
>>18459774
Yes, I met my girlfriend when she was a waitress at this place I used to go to all the time
>>
No, you under no circumstance EVER ask for her information.

/YOU/ give her /YOUR/ number. If she contacts you great, if not thats your hint.

And you make this transaction as short as possible, just throw it out there at the end, "hey here's my number if you ever wanna hang out sometime" and slip her a note. Nothing more. Leave after so she's not obligated to do anything.
>>
>>18459796
>>18459854
Even if I were interested I could never give my number to a customer while I'm working because my boss would fire me for wasting company time. I'm there to work, not to flirt, and every second I spend not working, I'm losing money for my boss. And he cares far more about his wallet than my love life.
>>
>>18459881

your boss should get upset if YOU hit on someone, but if someone hits on you, as is the scenario we describe, thats fine.
>>
>>18459885
Me giving my number to him is reciprocating and ergo flirting back.

Though on the flip side, he'd probably fire me if I didn't text him and he called the store to say how rude I was and he's never getting coffee there again too.
I need a new job.
>>
>>18459774
>any socially acceptable way

If you see her there a lot, use her lane and small talk. As you return and she recognizes you you should form a bit of a friendship.

If she doesnt start turning amicable and more friendly and seem happy to see you. She isnt interested. Forget her forever.

If she does then you can give asking for her number a shot. If youre a customer in say a busy store try not asking in a lineup. That shit would be embarassing.

And thats about the smoothest least awkward and creepy way to go.

You could also try just straight up asking her without any established acquaintance. That in every situation is inherently awkward and creepy. But sometimes it works. Same rules apply. She says no, she isnt interested forget her forever.
>>
>>18459908

>gave my number back

just tell him to write his number down on a napkin if hes interested.

you're over thinking this.
>>
>>18459881
I used to think like this, then I realized that my boss was just like me. A tried cog in a dying corporate machine who cut corners and broke the same rules I did.

Now I walk around with my phone in one hand, iPod in my pocket, and nothing done in the store.

granted I work 10pm - 6am
>>
>>18459920
Even saying that is reciprocating and flirting back. My manager breathes down my back every shift man. I once spelled a customers name wrong on the cup and he jokingly pointed it out to me and my manager pushed me out of the way to apologize profusely and give him a coupon for next time and then wrote me up for causing an "incident".
I think he hates me though. Idk why.
>>18459936
No, thats not my case at all. See above, I think sometimes he's looking for an excuse to fire me legally or something.
But idk, this also isn't too far off from every other manager I've ever had. The second the almighty customer merely threatens to never come back, my managers have always bent over backwards often throwing me under the bus to accommodate them. I got a stern talking to from a manager when I worked at JC penney's because a customer complained about me.... On a day I wasn't even working. The customer confused me with my coworker, and my manager didn't care because she pointed me out in the store the next day.
I always feel like I'm walking on egg shells at my slave wage jobs. The customer can say anything and I'd get fired because we're so easily replaced and managers know we have no real value to the company
>>
>>18459950
guess it is a little different because I'm a good employee and customers don't complain about me

worst ive had is a blueberry fritter thrown at me
>>
>>18459958
Customers don't really actually complain about me either, I just make human errors like anyone else would (like spelling Zach with an H instead of a K) and my manager acts like I took a dump in the guys latte.
>>
>>18459964
I believe you. This new manager that just got to my store has already got one person to walk out, threatened my job over a counting mistake she made, and other employees are constantly having money issues whenever she's around.
>>
>>18459881
writing your number on a piece of paper takes literally 5 seconds

At worst you could say you gave it to him for business purposes
>>
>>18459983
Lol what business purposes could my personal phone number have when I make 7 bucks an hour? I'd have to give him my manager's number.
>>18459979
He's the worst on me, and I have no idea why. He's snippy with some of the other guys that work there but me he's just constantly on my ass about everything. He sent me home once because there was a small stain at the bottom of my apron.
He tried to make me cut my hair even, because I have long hair down to my mid back, claimed it was "unsanitary" but I told him I always had my hair up and in a hairnet every shift and pointed out in the employee manual there's nothing about long hair in there other than "must be contained in a hairnet" which mine was. That was the only thing I stood my ground on, but I think he realized he couldn't legally make me cut my hair so he backed off.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.