[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 24 years old >past few years suffer from horrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: pic1.jpg (31KB, 476x300px) Image search: [Google]
pic1.jpg
31KB, 476x300px
>be 24 years old
>past few years suffer from horrible depression\anxiety and depersonalization
>finally after years find good therapist and medication combination to help me get over these issues
>realize that my life has crumbled around me while I was busy staying in my house too scared to do anything (no jobs,one friend and no social life outside of that friend)

my question to you guys is:

do you think its worth it to get into something Web Developer\IT related at this age? I understand most of the concepts fairly well, and don't feel depressed enough to not study them now, but I can't help but feel that I'm too old to start choosing this as a career path.

I want to do something that makes me happy... I can't stand the thought of doing a 9-5 job the rest of my life living in a one room apartment with nothing to show.
>>
>>18459236
Bump
>>
I still see plenty of older people getting into technology. If you're motivated I would buckle down and try and pass an A+, security or networking cert within a month and reach out to some of the bigger companies in the area see if they have any internships or recs open and Bluff up your way to the top.
>>
>>18459259
Also try and set up a small server of your own. heck, even something as simple or as a Plex/media server that you pirate all your anime for your neighbors/friends would look good to any prospecting employer
>>
There's no age cut off for the field, it's just relatively new and the older people retire in their 60s.

Do whatever you want, there's not much visible difference between a 34 year old and a 39 year old. Theoretically the 39 could have saved a bit more, got a slightly nicer house, or more likely they travelled and did other things.
>>
>>18459236
If it's something you'd put your mind and effort there, it's always worth it. Also, web development and IT is still here to stay for some more, no hurt on getting on it.
I know you feel too old, but at 24 it's still the age where you're young and malleable enough. Also people would still see and perceive you've got the youth and vigour.
Never too late to start, the catch is to be realistic with your expectations.
>>
>>18459236
24 is young as fuck. It doesn't feel like it when you're there, but the truth is that if you get into a good career now you'll be way ahead of very very many of your peers.

My dad didn't find his career until he was 33. My stepdad was bouncing from job to job after the marines and finally joined the fire department at 30 (stayed for 30 years, retired with full pension). I bounced around for years, and at 27 I'm finally wrapping up a degree (one more year, and good career prospects)

GO FOR IT!!!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.