[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a job? I'm a college kid with no work history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: beardy.png (1MB, 1102x594px) Image search: [Google]
beardy.png
1MB, 1102x594px
How do I get a job? I'm a college kid with no work history and I just want a job stocking groceries, I'm really quiet and reclusive. They want me to upload a resume to their website. What should it say? University of X, expected graduation 20XX? High School class of 20YY? And what about references?
>>
References will be anyone that's remotely professional. Ever baby/dog/house sit for anyone? List them. Teachers can work fine too.

Being quiet and reclusive will get you no points at any retail type job. Even stock employees are expected to engage and interact with customers, unless you are getting a warehouse stock job or are working overnight while the store in closed.
I'm a janitor at a grocery store, and even I still have to show customers where to find the peanut butter, and how to order a cake at the bakery, and take their carts out to their cars with them if I'm around and they need help, even though it's not technically my job.

So if you make it to the interview section, brush up on your acting abilities and pretend you're johnny social who absolutely loves getting screamed at by soccer mom's in their 40's because their coupon is expired and they know throwing a temper tantrum will win them free shit.

Other things to list is if you did any sort of volunteer work, or were in like boyscouts or something. Trust me, listing that I was a girlscout for 11 years got me my first job. Play up your college experience too, say you learned teamwork skills through group projects in school. Any random skill you can think of, brag about it.
>>
>Pic related really you?

I've seen you on /fit/ before

What can I do to help ? How is your current situation? What do you actually want to do and how dedicated are you?
>>
>>18459254
>working overnight while the store in closed.
It's overnight stocking, no way I would do actual retail.
>>18459298
Nah, it was just a random picture on my computer. Seemed marginally relevant.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.