[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When we dream, why does it authentically feel like we dream for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1489031237398.png (7KB, 325x344px) Image search: [Google]
1489031237398.png
7KB, 325x344px
When we dream, why does it authentically feel like we dream for hours and hours in this long pisode of a dream when in reality it only lasted for like 20 minutes or so?

Before getting woken up, I slept for like less than an hour, but in my mind, in my dream, it genuinely felt like it lasted for a day or so.

It's beyond my comprehension.
>>
So were you needing advice for something orrrrrr......
>>
I don't know I guess it's because time is merely something that your mind can perceive but not something that has a "real" state. If your mind works faster it can pretend time is slower maybe?
Also I once read a theory that when you die, your mind slows down time and puts you in a dream state that makes you feel like you are dreaming literally forever when it actually happens during the course of one instant, the instant when you die.
>>
>>18458982

Another question would be, why do dreams feel 100% as authentic as our consciousness does in this base reality?

There's a part of me that thinks, if it doea feel one hundred percent real, then in a certain way maybe ithe is.

Maybe our minds function in two different ways: one in their dream world and one in the base reality world - but both are just as real as the other
>>
>>18458982
>When we dream, why does it authentically feel like we dream for hours and hours in this long pisode of a dream when in reality it only lasted for like 20 minutes or so?
Because time is simply a sense, and can be skwewed in a dream, similar to how you can see, hear, and feel things in a dream that are not really there.

>>18459009
Your consciousness is the same one that exists in reality and when you dream, the difference is in a dream you're just imagining reality.
>>
>>18458982
Bump
>>
>>18458982
OP, you know when your awake and you do something very boring you think you have been doing it for hours, when in reality you were only doing it for 30 minutes? Similarly, when your doing something fun it feels like it has been 30 minutes, but in reality a few hours have passed? The mind isn't a good recorder of time, so that's why you think your dream occurs much longer than it is. Also, you use a heuristic to determine time. For example, if a dream shifts from day to night in the course of 10 minutes, your mind only really picks up on the fact that the state of the day has changed, and interpolates that if it went from day to night, hours and hours must have passed.

Tl;dr the mind doesn't record accurately
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.