[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is university worth it? in our bad economy that's full

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_o4f06mkQkI1v9yzymo1_500.jpg (18KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4f06mkQkI1v9yzymo1_500.jpg
18KB, 420x420px
Is university worth it?

in our bad economy that's full of immigration? Even for STEM fields I've heard it's hard to get a job...
>>
If nothing else, you'll learn a lot. You'll be more intelligent than your peers who just graduated high school. Increase your knowledge of the world. Go to a uni. Plus you get a piece of paper that looks good on your resume when applying for jobs
>>
>>18458841
You will be working in some shit job for 40 years unless some robot will replace you amd you will die of hunger like the obsolete low~middle class you are.

So yeah, try uni. Even if you dont live in 1st world country where uni is free, there should be public ones which wont you put into debt for the rest of your life.

And if it fails, you can always go flipping burgers.
>>
>>18458920
I'm gonna pretty much have to be 60,000 in debt
>>
nope
learn a trade
>>
>>18459144
Which trade? Also I'm more inclined to enjoying mentally stimulating careers which is why I sawyed towards uni
>>
Also I'm a white female if that makes a difference....since everything today has to be so political
>>
>>18459155
Plumber. More money than you'll know what to do with. Or work on heavy machinery. Welders can find work anywhere but i wouldn't want to breathe in fumes all day (ironic since I'm in HVAC and breathe in fiberglass all day, but nonetheless)

Eat first, jerk off your mind later. Intellectual pursuits can always be a hobby. I love history, but it is a trash major so I'm working in HVAC to pay the bills. I even wrote a historical essay once just for the pleasure of it. It's nearly a guarantee that you won't work in your field of study without a graduate degree unless, maybe, it's STEM, so you're basically paying 60k to live a fantasy for 4 years and then never use the material again.
>>
>>18459226
I can't see myself doing any dangerous work and I definitely don't want to deal with poop everyday...should i just find a sugar daddy?
>>
>>18459238
nope. find a man who'll make a good husband and be a good wife to him. raise a good, strong family. be a proper homemaker.
>>
>>18459250
There are no good men anymore
>>
File: 1491087216872.gif (982KB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
1491087216872.gif
982KB, 371x209px
>>18459238
Try massage school then, sweetie. You'll be a lot poorer, but at least it isn't dirty BOYS work! Lol!

Or hey, be a stripper. More money than you'll know what to do with.
>>
>>18459268
Nah I don't want to do that
>>
File: so_true.jpg (155KB, 795x767px) Image search: [Google]
so_true.jpg
155KB, 795x767px
>>18459238
Study nursing you faggotini.
>>
>>18459280
I don't like nursing, I hate biology and dealing with people
>>
File: 1449008000475.jpg (78KB, 499x460px) Image search: [Google]
1449008000475.jpg
78KB, 499x460px
>>18459291
Then kill yourself. Sounds like you hate everything and everyone and have a shit attitude, so you won't be any better than mediocre at any job really, providing you can even get hired with such a shitty Outlook and worldview. You think you're going to get a sugar daddy but all you're good for is a fuck. Nobody is going to stay with a girl who is this negative and has no ambition. Unironically neck yourself.
>>
>>18459291
We're giving you options. You don't have to like them, but if you don't choose something you'll work minimum wage until you 'find your passion', which probably won't ever happen, so you'll be working minimum wage for years until you decide to join one of our recommendations anyways because if you're going to be miserable, you'd rather do it for more money. So choose something now so you can make more money for your time.

And you're not pretty enough for a sugar daddy. Welcome to real life.
>>
>>18459307
Hahah I don't hate everything, I like physics and math...and I'm good at it. The sugar daddy thing was a joke
>>
>>18459291
Easy, learn to code
>>
>>18459313
The only options you gave me were trades and nursing, I already have a degree I want but I'm just not sure if uni is worth it. I didn't know people were going to get so mad about the sugar daddy thing.
>>
>>18459263
that's a meme, and a shitty one to boot. barely a single word out of feminists' mouths is to be trusted, understand? they'll lead you nowhere but to misery.
>>
>>18459336
I already know how
>>
>>18459349
Every guy I've been with has left me because I didn't lose my virginity to them or abused me, so I have my reasons.
>>
>>18459350
Nice
Now check the job offers in that field. If they don't ask for a degree you don't have, don't go to uni
>>
>>18459354
fair enough. in that case i'll add "don't let yourself get so damn jaded over the bad experiences you've had". learn from them instead. now you know what sorts of guys you *don't* want. so if you find yourself starting to connect with another who fits that same mold, you know to gtfo.
>>
>>18459336
Yeah, compete with indians who will work 60 hours a week for a quarter of market salary and then age out at 40.
>>
>>18459340
Do community college for a couple of years to get your general education credits, it's cheap and the courses are taught by professors. Maybe you'll find something you like there. My city has free community college for people who graduated from high school there.
>>
>>18459374
Then you could become a system admin, which is an even easier job
>>
>>18459350
knowing how to make a basic hello world page in html doesn't qualify you for a programming job or career.
>>
>>18459382
Sure, chronic chapped lips from the air conditioning and having to work with indians all day long who never speak up when something goes wrong so you have to micromanage the shit out of them...IT is the biggest meme field senpai. At least you could have told her to go into industrial controls.
>>
>>18459374
Will i be able to compete if i get a degree?
>>
>>18459392
In IT? Fuck no. If you're decent at math and physics do engineering. Guys I knew in school did chem eng and went into drug research.
>>
>>18459387
So Cunningham's Law really does apply anywhere
>>
>>18459407
Fuck you for making me Google that.
>>
>>18459398
I got accepted in to engineering but I opted out
>>
>>18459415
Why?
>>
>>18459419
Because I couldn't see myself liking it, i dont want the pressure and I'm not good with calculations under pressure....I'm better with theoretical stuff
>>
>>18459209
In that case definitely go to uni. If you're good looking you might find a guy with good job prospects to marry. If you're a fat chick you'll earn a degree and get a decent paying job to help pay for your cats
>>
>>18459427
I mean I guess. That shit's not really an issue after college because they make smartphone apps with all the engineering shit you actually use.
>>
Well I feel like I failed since I didnt go into engineering....I would only go into effect
electrical or computer engineering and I figured there weren't any jobs for that
>>
File: zSO2QOj.jpg (37KB, 383x549px) Image search: [Google]
zSO2QOj.jpg
37KB, 383x549px
>cc
>1 year pre-req
>2-year dental program
>make 21/hr

wow that was ez
>>
>>18458841
>Is university worth it?
Yes. But not some US diploma mill (- or one of another country, regardless of what trash gets accredited).

Do an actual university.

> in our bad economy that's full of immigration?
The economy isn't bad and neither is immigration really hurtful for jobs. Yes, you could be on "easy mode" if the economy was completely starved for workforce and you were the last guy with JUST the right skills, but that's not internationally competitive. Companies will just relocate whole sites if you do that.

Immigration is just fine. What isn't fine is being sub-par in terms of skills. No shit there is no success for you if you're a "graduate" from a diploma mill - there hundreds of actually decent universities in the world that produce better graduates. Of course they'll use these.

Most managers don't want to work with 50% tediously incompetent shit staff if they can help it.
>>
>>18459510
I'll be in a top university I do go
>>
If you're looking at a loan that only has interest due to inflation, gets forgiven after x years, only has to be paid back as a small percentage of what you earn etc.... or a cheap or totally free deal, then yes. If you're looking at something crazy expensive you should go to another country (even if it's not expensive you should consider cool places).

Degree's which actually have an industrial use can be turned into profit quite easily, and there's a lot of small companies waiting to use the skills. There's millions of medium sized countries that can't use Artificial Intelligence because they can't attract a graduate with the knowledge, hell they can't even get someone who can make a nice UI. It goes for other fields too though.

On the other hand things like History only produce cool knowledge, nothing profitable. Nobody cares about your Fitness or Psychology studies.

There are fields where it's very easy to get a job if you're actually doing it seriously, where there's a 20% unemployment rate because some people are just retarded. Like, Computer Networking degree but can't get their head around an IP address retarded. Other retards will fire off CVs to companies, but never put their CV out to take calls from recruiters (which is the really easy way of getting a job). Whole worlds stupid.
>>
>>18459527
Then it's absolutely worthwhile. You might even be able to do things like go to Europe for a paid internship on "just" a bachelor's degree.

Or go work in related government / company jobs in much of the world, including of course the USA.

If you did university hard mode, you're the kind of staff employers are actually willing to expend efforts and srs money on hiring - they can reasonably expect you being able to be near top notch at getting shit done.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.