[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, just started another non smoking and non drinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/,

just started another non smoking and non drinking month, but this time it's really really hard, I'm dying for a drink and a smoke and it's only day two, wat do?

Pic unrelated, but that's my body if I keep binge drinking and binge eating.
>>
>>18458602
you address why.
>>
>>18458602

start somekind of activity to keep your mind off things.

If you are desperate enough and break, especially with alcohol go to therapy.

Smoking is not an tragic habit to have if you limit it every time and avoid it. I smoke once or twice a day with coffee.
>>
>>18458614

Well, mainly because it's a mean to distract myself from life.
I've lost a ton of ambition and am just not moving horizontally in life as much as I'd like. I have no idea how to advance myself at work and I see no room for promotion in the next few years, because everybody is just happy with the way things are and for the most part everything is working as it should.
Perhaps I'd need a career change in general, it's not that what I'm doing is making me miserable, I do enjoy it to a certain degree, but I'd always wanted to try something else, I just don't know what, or I'm not sure enough to act upon my instincts and go for it. The next problem being, I have no idea how to get to where I'd like to be in the new career options.

I'm mainly focusing on my career, because my love life is either a disaster or non existent, so I'm a bit jaded and cynical on that front and don't expect it to magically change soon.

Social life is ok, I have friends and we talk sometimes, but eh, how do you come out and say, hey I drink a six pack a day on my own, does that make me an alcy?

Family is fine, but everybody's busy with their kids and what not, and the last thing I care about is kids, don't want anything to do with them, so we have a silent agreement, they don't bug me, I don't bug them, I show up for family events, other than that, no talky talky. Don't care if your kid had a recital and a cold, if you don't care that my show just had the best ratings yet.

So the why can probably be summed up in feeling stagnant in life, since I've got no family and besides the occasional hike and watching a race no meaningful hobbies to propel me forward, neither a career or anything of the like. I can't find anything that would interest me enough to rid me of my cyncism and shed new light on things and I've no idea what to do but to wait out day in, day out for either something to give me a clue or something to happen, or to just suddenly have enough time pass where I'm dead
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.