/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been diagnosed schizoid personality disorder today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: slide_37.jpg (140KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
slide_37.jpg
140KB, 960x720px
I've been diagnosed schizoid personality disorder today.
I am not sure, what to do? Is that something I need to care about, should I change something in my life?
>>
>>18458548
>follow all the instructions on pic related
>>
>>18458548
get on pills, live as normal life as you possible can, stay away from drungs as they can make it much worse
>>
>>18458673
I am not sure how to live normal life.
>>18458670
That pic is actually around 50% about me. I have doubts that I do have spd, but I guess can't argue with doctor.
>>
Should you not have asked all this to the person who diagnosed you?
>>
>>18458548
I was diagnosed with this as well as bipolar and depression. For me, medications was the best thing that happened to me. Took me 3 attempts (about 4months) to get the right medication that worked but have now been on them 4years and I feel the best I have ever felt. Still haven't got any emotions no happiness but no sadness, no empathy, nothing just "empty" and "numb". But apart from that my life has flipped completely, I am outgoing and can talk away with people and I put THEM in good moods because I am friendly.
>>
>>18458767
Oh wow. What pills did you take?
>>18458759
Well... I kinda afraid of talking with him. He said that I lied to him, although I am not, and therefore I just answered strictly on his questions, and didn't try to speak something on my own.
>>
>>18458781
I am currently on 150mg Sertraline and 25mg Quetiapine. First medication I tried was Prozac...do NOT take Prozac!! Made me feel worse from day1. It is an old drug and it is shit. It makes you worse. I had suicidal thoughts already but on Prozac it makes you want to act your thoughts out even crazy ones like wanting to kill people do not take it. Second drug I tried was Venlafaxine, made me feel better from day1 which worked for 2 months then stopped. Then I tried Fluoxatine which only worked for 2weeks then started to make me way worse and angry. Then finally onto Sertraline (for my depression and OCD) and Quetiapine (as an anti-psychotic which preventing the murder/suicidal thoughts even happening(!) it also stopped my angry outbursts too).
>>
>>18458794
>Fluoxatine
Wait... It is the same thing as Prozac.
But I'll try the rest, thank you.
>>
>>18458804
Wasn't aware it was the same name. Perhaps it is a modern form of it? Not sure. Only worked for a short while then made me feel like I was on Prozac haha. For the record, I personally find theraphy and CBT a waste of time.
>>
>>18458851
Prozac is an SSRI. It's used for treatment of depression, not schizoid. Schizoids are being treated with antipsychotics, lile the guy above said e.g. Quetiapine (aka Seroquel).
25mg is basically nothing. I've had patients on 1500mg a day just to function.
It's a good modern antipsych.

Also, Prozac, as an SSRI for the 999th time MAY MAKE you feel more depressed in the beginning, because they cause havoc in your brain.
After that it's smooth sailing.

Might want to look into Truxal, too, if the Seroquel is working not so good with you.
>>
Schizoid is one of those personalities that are not bothered by their isolation. Usually they are diagnosed by unrelated anxiety etc.

Many schizoids are advocating to having it removed as a diagnosis because they are happy with their lives as is.

If you are unhappy you are most likely not schizoids but perhaps avoidant instead.

Unless co-morbidity.
>>
>>18459520
There are no results of spd being able to be remedied by anti-psychotics. Group therapy is the thing that yields the most results but schizoids generally don't feel there is anything wrong and they like and need their isolation.
>>
>>18459529
I actually was bothered by this when I was younger. And I think I am bothered now too. But every time I find an internet friend I am losing all desire to talk with him on thw next day. It is like a work to me. So I usually abrupt contacts and speak only in anonymous chats.
>>
>>18458548
>>18458548

talk to the person who diagnosed you, they will give you the real answer
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.