[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this podcast radio show I've been part of for the past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

So this podcast radio show I've been part of for the past 3 years wants to do a live commercial. I agreed to meet up with them in person, but after looking up the address, I found out it's in the heart of Flatbush Brooklyn which is one of the most crime ridden neighborhoods in NYC.
Being a young white female, I am terrified to go out there alone.

What should I do? I don't want to flat out say "Hey I don't want to go there because I'd like to not get robbed or assaulted". Should I say it's out of the way or say I can't make it? I already agreed to go so I don't want to look shitty, but I am terrified to go into this neighborhood or even go into the subway.
>>
>>18458541
Go with one of them. Carpool. Etc. Being someone along and have them sit aside while you record.
>>
And inb4 someone asks if I've never met with them in person before, I have, but they're picking this location because it's by the lead hosts apartment. We usually do our recorded shows over Skype or Zencaster from our own homes.
>>
>>18458551
I'm meeting with 2 people who already live there. I'm coming from another city. There's no one I can go with.
>>
>>18458551
Also driving there would be insane as it's impossible to find parking. NYC you gotta rely on public transportation. That and I'd be afraid of someone stealing my car in a neighborhood like this.
>>
>>18458541
Take a friend. So simple. And some nun-chucks.
>>
>>18458561
You don't have any friends who are free for a little bit? How are you getting there? Why don't you ask one of them to meet you in a nicer part of the city?
>>
>>18458561
Probably gonna be ok mama. Take a small wallet that can fit into your pocket and go DIRECTLY into the building once you get there.
>>
>>18458569
Nope. The friends I have wouldn't want to go there either.
The only way to get there from where I live is by express bus and then by subway. It's also gonna take 2 hours to get there so I also don't want to go because of the distance.

How do I ask to meet somewhere safer without implying "Hey you live in a fucking ghetto"

I should also mention that the lead host is black, so I dont want to offend him and give off the implication that is area is crime-ridden because the majority of people who live there are black.
>>
>>18458581
>go directly into the building
I still have to take a goddamn subway train to get there. I'm fucking terrified of being robbed the moment I get off the train. The building is a 5 minute walk once I get off the train.
>>
>>18458591
Just be like, I don't like traveling alone especially in areas I don't know , yadda yadda bullshit, can you meet me at a specific location.
>>
>>18458581
Implying it's not some run down warehouse she's gonna get run like a train in
>>
>>18458541
Media LIVES in shady parts of downtown areas. It's where the ACTION is. Suburbia is to dull.
>>
>million dollar homes and a college nearby

sounds like a nice place

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/10/realestate/flatbush-brooklyn-a-fit-for-many-tastes-and-budgets.html
>>
>>18458641
It's one of the top 5 neighborhoods in NYC with the highest crime rates. Maybe they plan on gentrifying it like Williamsburg and Bushwick but as it is right now, it's not a great place to move to if there's not one white person in sight, malt liquor advertised on every corner, and there bars on every window and door
>>
>>18458541
Just go inside the building right after you park?
>>
>>18458591
get a tazer and pepper spray? Plus a rape whistle.
>>
>>18458541
Flatbush? It is fucking not.
>>
Kind of funny, I live maybe 11 minutes from there, and I can tell u it's not as bad as u think, ur white u have the golden ticket to walk through any neighborhood untouched, flatbush near brooklyn college and the junction is not bad, it's packed with people and the only time there is a shootout is during school hours because there are also a few highschool around there. U know walking through any bad neighborhood u keep your head down and don't stop to talk to anyone, act like u know where ur going and don't worry. Nobody is gonna rob u when u get off the train i can almost guarantee there will be two cop cars on every side of the street, u can go to the target and the mall there to shop after and just hop on the train, if i knew if u were cute or not I would probably pick u up and walk with u or somwthing since I'm so close
>>
>>18459228
Complete bullshit, are u saying white people don't go to college or highschool or work at the mall, that's retarded ur clearly just guessing and making shit up to scare the girl, nothing will happen to her there's a shit ton of cops and people everywhere and nobody is that brave to try to rob u in front of a cop, u know blacks shit themselves around cops because NYPD takes these fuckers down if they even suspect them
>>
>>18459239
This is the best advice , besides if u don't have any valuables the worst worst case scenario if u her robbed and have nothing to give is ull get punched in the face and ull prob get mad sympothy from ur employer, so that would rlly work in ur favor, don't be scared girl I bet ur from staten island or jersey right
>>
File: 1497737222403.png (374KB, 1119x826px) Image search: [Google]
1497737222403.png
374KB, 1119x826px
I would be more worried about getting robbed in the lobby, staircase or elevator of the building ur going to, because most of the building around there are public housing so expect to jump over puddles of piss and say hello to the 15 guys in the lobby smoking a blunt getting lit
>>
stop hanging out with black people. they are like crime magnets
>>
>>18458541
Looking at the crime data for that area online, I don't really get what you are afraid of.

> being a young white female
And your point is...? Be fucking glad! People will actually be more reluctant to violently mess you up unless you find one of the very few violent to murderous rapists that exist.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.