[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 21 and still feel and act like a teenager although I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: mERmaVP.png (529KB, 528x384px) Image search: [Google]
mERmaVP.png
529KB, 528x384px
I'm 21 and still feel and act like a teenager although I have mature worldviews and am responsible. How to become a man?
>>
I'm 20, somewhat similar to you (enjoy cartoons and video games and whatever). I've found that "acting like a man" basically involves knowing when to take charge and be a responsible adult. In your free time you can be as stupid as you like.
>>
File: bill_burr_quote_image_20s3.png (137KB, 550x316px) Image search: [Google]
bill_burr_quote_image_20s3.png
137KB, 550x316px
well feel or have felt that way, you dont magically switch over night and become an adult. It takes time. I hate those "just girly things", but that one about teenagers being treated like children but told to act like adults is pretty spot on. You are just shedding off the last parts of being a kid, but youre not all the way there yet. Enjoy it for what its worth, its going to be scary and frustrating because your old life and all you know is basically dying but it'll re-shape in a few years. Some things to consider to help you along
>if youre going to college/trade school (do it), plan it accordingly. Have a plan of what you want to do and how
>if nothing else experiment with different ideas but dont wander aimlessly, thats where most kids fuck up and then panic
>save your money religiously, even little bits at a time, look into proper banking methods. ask your parents
>move away from home
the last one depends I guess, but my biggest problem was I stayed at home and drove to college and it fucked with my head. Seeing everyone I knew move away while I was stuck in town was depressing. You see the same people, hear the same gossip and do the same things youve done for years but now youve got no more friends around and youre older so its not as fun. Its easily to get nostalgic and remember the good ol days when you have no other social setting to compare it to or make new memories with
>>
>>18458225

Just give it time. You'll get there eventually and then you'll miss being young and stupid.
>>
File: igfqTjY.jpg (127KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
igfqTjY.jpg
127KB, 960x960px
>>18458225
Well all I can tell u is this.
The mark of a mature man is the certain scar he bears. The memory of a perfect woman never won, or a once true love forever lost. He is only here because she is not.
>>
>>18458225

you are halfway there by simply asking and thinking about it

read this book
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1621574148/
>>
File: 21JLIKk.jpg (100KB, 1109x677px) Image search: [Google]
21JLIKk.jpg
100KB, 1109x677px
>>18458225
This is common theme in west, because we don't have initiation rituals to manhood here. It used to be going through a conscription training, but this is not the case for most western countries anymore.

I think getting a full-time job that is not burger-flipping, getting a drivers license/car and living on your own are all signs that you have fully become independent, thus an adult. Additionally, getting a gf helps to mature.

Other than that, in my opinion, when you have taken at least one big risk in your life and you feel responsible for your actions, this is most important aspect of maturity you can have. The other signs I listed above just help to solidify your status or reach maturity faster.

It's not really that big of a deal in my opinion. I am 24 year old male and I have a full time field-related job, but I still live with parents (current situation demands it, I work on moving out soon) and am single. I often still feel like a teenager, but I acknowledge that some sort of youthfulness is good and energizing to possess and I still have time to fully mature.
>>
>>18458225
Never forfeit your youth. Hang onto it with every fiber of your being. A playful attitude is a healthy attitude. You're doing fine.
>>
Get circumcised and jump over a fire
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.