[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not like my high-class friends. They travel the world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Snapchat-1987334184462069808.jpg (117KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1987334184462069808.jpg
117KB, 768x1024px
I'm not like my high-class friends. They travel the world and spend money on brand name items, events, once in a life time experiences and I find myself not being interested in those things. I cant bring myself to justify spending money on things that won't necessarily bring me fulfillment. Am I unhealthy for not craving these types of things especially in my 20s? I just enjoy chilling at home, playing video games, cooking, reading and laughing with family/friends. Once when I told them in the future I'd want to be a housewife if I ever found the right man... they were disgusted that I'd want children and be dependent on a man. I can't help but feel inferior to these people in the way they react to me. Am I actually mentally unhealthy and I'm supposed to be acting similar to my strong, independent women friends?
>>
You have this thing called different interests so no, you are NOT mentally unhealthy
>>
Your friends have different interests and goals from you, neither is mental.
>>
>>18457580
We live in a dark world if people get disgusted by the idea of a woman having beautiful kids and being a happy housewife.
>>
>>18457587
It's literally like this with every chick I meet or became friends with throughout my life
>>
That sounds sane to me, the type of girl I'd like to find when I get older.

You shouldn't just give up on traveling though, you meet a lot of cool people while traveling and awe is a powerful emotion that we rarely get to experience otherwise.
>>
>>18457637
I like traveling close to home, I'm just too scared to travel anywhere else. I wouldn't want to visit any tropical places with diseases, scary creatures and the heat. I would have went to Europe, but considering the state it's in...that's out of the equation.
>>
>>18457669
>I would have went to Europe, but considering the state it's in...that's out of the equation.
Are you US person?
Because as an EU person, I think US is even worse
>>
>>18457580
Instead of thinking of your tastes in the negative, present the positive case for doing what you prefer to do - to yourself, to help you feel less "unhealthy" and to them, to make clear that you are not settling for less but choosing what is of more worth to you
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.