[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just turned 28. Be honest, is it too late for me? My life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I just turned 28.

Be honest, is it too late for me? My life is pretty much over at this point. I'll never turn myself around.
>>
Too late for what?
>>
>>18457491
To stop being a failure.
>>
>>18457509
If you're born genetic shit you'll die genetic shit. If you're not physically attractive and intelligent enough to make up for the disparity in development amongst your peers you are pretty much fucked.
>>
If you don't want to turn it around you won't. Sounds like you're content to suffer.
>>
>>18457517
This. The last chance you have to make a somewhat normal comeback story is from 20-25, and it will take all 5 of those years to break even and start working towards a good life for your late 20's and 30's.
>>
>>18457525
Who says? Do what you want whenever you want. You're 28, so what? If you feel like life isn't going where you want then change it. You're a musician? Start playing gigs. Wanna learn something new? Go to school. Meet people and travel, it's up to you.
>>
>>18457549
I'm working under the assumption that OP is probably a Neet KV that's never worked a job and has had no social connections for most of their 20s. That might sound like a big assumption but these kinds of posts are always revealed as such on here so I'm probably right or OP would have been more specific about where they fall short. In which case it pretty much is to late to be anything other than a weirdo scraping together some fulfilment in being less than mediocre at anything.
>>
>>18457558
When's the deadline
I mean starting from what age is it too late
>>
>>18457558
I've worked jobs before, and I have a degree in graphic design. These past few years, I've realized that it's not what I want to do with my life, but I've invested too much into it to stop.
>>
i want to say its over, dont try,
less competition for those who do

its not too late, its going to be more difficult but not too late
>>
>>18457486
Just get a good job, start paying your bills, and live your life. What is failure to you? No retirement? You have social security right? You're not dead and don't have a terminal illness. You can teach yourself anything. Just live your life.
>>
>>18458248
>You can teach yourself anything.
Not smart enough.
>>
Ha!
The sooner you get your shit together, the better.
However, I have re-invented myself a few times, and been successful on different levels.

What's "success"?
>>
>>18457486

where would you rather be in 4 years?
>4 years into your new and improved life
>exactly whree you are now
>dead

those are your choices. what honestly do you want that you can't experience other than just putting 'young' behind it like 'young love'
>>
>>18457486
It will require some work, but it can be done in 1-2 years.

I fell flat on my face after engineering school. I was a full on NEET for a year after graduation. Got kicked out of my mom's place and moved in with my dad. Worked for 8 months before I went full NEET for another year. Drug myself out of that 3 years ago with a glorified trench digging job and never looked back. There were some bumps along the way, but I recovered quickly and kept on. Today I put in an offer on a house. I am also celebrating my 1 year anniversary at my current job which is the longest I have held a job. I am in the best shape of my life. The last time I weighed 155lbs was when I was 12.

Some lessons I learned on the way
>always have a full time job. Even if you hate it having a job makes getting another job far easier
>have a physically active hobby. Keeps you in decent shape and gives you something to talk about outside of media consumption
>plan some longer term goals; 1-2 years out and work towards them.
>have some fun once in a while.

In the last 3 years I have had 5 job interviews with 3 job offers since the ditch digging job. I am a cyclist and people are impressed with my 25 mile rides. Setting the goal of home ownership helped me endure 2 shitty jobs over the last 3 years. Going out on occasion with friends led to some memorable times a few dates.
>>
>>18460475
Part of me feels like it's smarter to just give up and maybe die.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.