[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

adv, I have a friend who's been really getting on my nerves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_oq67spNWut1qh66wqo3_1280.jpg (193KB, 700x1053px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oq67spNWut1qh66wqo3_1280.jpg
193KB, 700x1053px
adv, I have a friend who's been really getting on my nerves recently, and I'm not sure what to do about it. He's one of those people that really wants to always be the center of attention and honestly had been kind of a chore to be around recently. That said, I still really value the friendship so I don't want to just stop spending time with him, but I'm not sure if I should say anything to him about how I'm feeling about it.
I don't want to hurt his feelings, and I don't even know if it would be my place to say anything (like I said, I'm just really annoyed, so there's not really anything objectively wrong to correct), but I also feel like it could be beneficial for him to hear these things. I'm not the only one who's noticed this about him, and I've introduced other friends of mine to him and they instantly disliked him.

Any insight at all would be extremely helpful.
>>
>>18457070

i mean if you can't pinpoint something thats wrong then it sounds like hes just cohesively a bad person (to you). can you really say you like him?

if you just say 'hey you're annoying' whats he going to do? just stop being him self? with something solid that you can pick out it gives him something to work on, a flaw that he can better, just a piece of him self that is wrong.

but you're essentially suggesting that everyone just naturally finds him annoying nad even if you tell him there isn't anything he can do abotu it other then just completely upturn his personality.
>>
>>18457079
>there isn't anything he can do abotu it other then just completely upturn his personality
This is what I'm worried about. We've been friends for a really long time, over 10 years at this point, and I do still like hanging out with him, but I'm able to pinpoint these annoying things he does so accurately now that after a short while I'm just overwhelmed.
He just tried to dominate all conversations, regardless of his involvement with the topic, and so I feel like I can pinpoint specific things he does, but I feel like those specific things might actually make up his personality (or at least whatever personality he's manufactured to show people), which is why I feel stuck.
Does that seem solid enough to say something about? and if so, would it just be a matter of saying it to him?
I'm really not the best in confrontational situations.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.