[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate all of my depressed friends. Woke up this morning to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

I hate all of my depressed friends.

Woke up this morning to about 50+ messages on Discord by a long time friend.

"Where the fuck were you???"

I was asleep dude, you started messaging me at 5 am.

"oh
ok
but in the future seriously tell me you are going to sleep and turning your phone off I need to know these things in case of emergencies"

Ok man, whats the emergency?

"i feel really sad"

Why?

"i dunno..."

Fucking great. I am so glad I can start my morning being berated and harangued by someone who needed to talk about how they felt sad. You know what we talked about yesterday? How they felt sad. You know what they talked about every day for three weeks? How they felt sad. You know what they'll talk about every day for the next three weeks? How they feel sad and also I need to be available at 5 am in case they feel sad.

And all my other friends and family have latched onto this idea that I'm this person's rock, the one thing that's keeping them from killing themselves, and that its my duty to save him, to cure him, to help him get better.

HES NOT GETTING BETTER. HE THREATENED TO KILL HIMSELF BECAUSE HE WANTED TO COOK DINNER BUT "DIDNT". HE SPENT THREE HOURS DOING NOTHING AND THEN WHINED AND LAMENTED ABOUT HOW HE SHOULD KILL HIMSELF BECAUSE HE DIDNT GET OFF HIS ASS AND MAKE SOME FOOD AND WHEN I SAID TO JUST COOK DINNER HE STARTED FREAKING OUT TO OTHER FRIENDS ABOUT HOW I SET HIM OFF.

I hate him so fucking much right now. I don't want to deal with him. I never signed up for multiple hour therapy sessions. If I tell him this, he'll kill himself, and if I tell others, they'll think I'm the hellspawn of Hitler.

How do I tell him to fuck off? How do I not make my family and friends hate me?
>>
>>18455286

people wont actually think you're hitler especially if you explain it rationally. you are getting sucked into his bubble and its causing you to think like him, like every little moment is a life or death situation of intensity.

even if some people do go over the top with how they react to you putting an end to this, thats their problem, and they are clearly acting over the top and part of the problem.

so go tell him that you're done. if you want. or you can just scale it back. just straight up when someone says 'you need to tell me when you're going to sleep' you should be saying 'no, my life is my life, yours is yours. if i dont answer its because im asleep or im busy.'

if he can't handle that, then thats his problem. figure out where to draw the line and if he crosses it, leave him. he wont actually kill himself, he just wants the attention, and if he actually goes for it then its not your fault because if it was that fucking serious his actual family should be checking him into therapy instead of insisting his best friend on discord is going to fix this shit.

is his name nelson?
>>
Tell him to go see a therapist instead.

and then promptly kill yourself for being such a shitty friend
>>
Tell him to take it easy and just ignore him so he moves on to using someone else as his emotional tampon. You're not fucking him/her so you don't need to deal with it.
>>
>>18455286
>If I tell him this, he'll kill himself,

That's the thing, he won't.
>>
>im sad
lol not depression
>>
>>18455286
If your family/friends hate you for not constantly dealing with someone like this then they are shit people anyways.
If they actually 'care' so much about this dude they would help him themselves and not push it onto you
>>
Establish boundaries with your friend. Let him know that the way he is acting Is unreasonable and that he should get a therapist instead.
>>
>>18455286
Whoever made that image can fuck right off.
>>
Depressed people all do this.
Don't hang out with them.
>>
>>18455784
>Depressed people all do this.
not true, just the ones that are self centered and think you should accommodate them

The rest of the depressed people just don't communicate

both are difficult to be friends with
>>
>>18455286
Gr8 b8 m8. I r8 8/8, no h8
>>
>>18455286
That image is so moronic, I can't even fathom how much of a dick the person who made it is.
>>
Don't be a doormat and baby your friends. Its really easy to talk down on mental illness, and I share a lot of your views about how people over exaggerate depression. But they're still people, and they're still your friends man.
>>
>>18455286
Your "friend" is not fucking depressed.
He's an attentionwhore. Depressed people don't fucking flaunt their depression at everyone. Usually they don't fucking speak of it at all because being actually depressed AINT FUCKING FUN, and it is actually quite shameful in many societies.
Tell him that you are not trained to deal with his issues and that he should see a fucking therapist if he actually wants help.

t. Depressed person who got somewhat better after going to a therapist.
>>
Call up the police and have him hauled off to a mental hospital. He gets help and he's not bothering you. Two birds, one stone OP
>>
>>18455286
sounds kind of like bpd symptoms to me. its uncommon in men, but it does happen. if this is the case, i strongly recommend cutting all contact with this person
>>
File: 1487907397692.jpg (129KB, 830x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487907397692.jpg
129KB, 830x1024px
That is the greatest picture that has ever been posted here. After mine, ofc.
>>
Depressed people, take note.

This is what you are to anyone normal.
>>
You know, I definitely think he's overreacting and that he shouldn't expect so much from you, but your response is overly dramatic and whiney.

Considering depression is not particular to humans, and that it occurs elsewhere across the animal kingdom (fish and birds even), it is real. However, I do agree that requiring friends of depressed people to be on call for these sorts of episode is impractical and probably largely counterproductive.

Still, stop making such a big deal of it. Make an ultimatum to him. Tell him how you feel. We sure as hell don't care.
>>
>>18455959
Lots of depressed people talk about their issues in order to reach out for help, depending on the culture they're in.

It's always advisable to see a therapist though.
>>
I feel your pain, but what's with the picture, dude?
>>
>>18455784
Nah. I'm not sure how depressed I am but I definitely think I am. Have toyed with the idea of killing myself but dont think I will ever do it. Anyway my point is I'd never seek this much consolation from a friend. It'd be way too stressful for him (see OP) and I'd feel ashamed. Sometimes friends ask me if I'm ok, I guess there are times I'm visibly depressed and I can assure you it's not a put-on to get their attention, at least not consciously.
>>
>>18455286
Try stop decieving people into thinking you're an empathetic caring person. It clearly isn't your cup of tea.
>>
>>18455286
You're not his "rock", he's your parasite. You have your own life to live and he is a drain on you, all he wants is attention and validation.
Tell him to take care of his own shit or fuck off.
And tell you friends and family to stop pawning him off on you when you lack the ability to deal with him. They probably hate dealing with him just as much as you do but don't want to assume the responsibility themselves, so they pawn him off on you so they don't feel like they "abandoned" him.
>>
>>18455286
If he threaten to do it, probably wouldn't do it, he just want to call your attention.
>>
>>18455590
>>18455871
>>18456261
It's true.
How do you think your ancestors would react if they saw that you pussies were "depressed" because life is hard?
>>
>>18455286
My friend stopped talking with me when I got really bad, if you want to stop talking with someone at least have the decency to tell them why first instead of disappearing
>>
>>18456373
Idk man maybe they would have appreciated the chance at, for example, being the first to realize that a cycle of neglect and child abuse was occurring in their family for hundreds of years
>>
>>18455286
>How do I tell him to fuck off? How do I not make my family and friends hate me?

Don't do that. Tell them you're sorry but you can't be there 24/7 and that they have major depression and definitely need to be on meds for a while. If they won't take them, well, they will have to rip off that band aid at some point.
>>
>>18455302
>You're not fucking him/her so you don't need to deal with it.

you're an awful person
>>
>>18456456
>you're an awful person
You're a worse person. The only person who's willing to unconditionally support you are your parents. If you're not getting shit out of a relationship, it's best to cut it off. Life is too short for feel-gud bullshit.
>>
>>18456483
It's not so short that you should burn your bridges every time a friend can't provide you with validation. You sound like a selfish prick.
>>
It's pretty telling that literally just being there for your friend who is going through a horrible time is too much to ask of you. Someday you'll realize that regular people don't need to be asked to be there for someone.
Your family probably validates you to remind you that this is actually basic shit that for some reason you don't understand.
>>
It's sad your friends have to rely on you.
>>
>>18455286
Just tell him that he is bringing to much stress into your life and he needs to find another outlit for dealing with his depression, like an actual therapist. Maybe tell him your worried about him and that he needs more help then you can give. Say your not a professional and you don't know how to help him and that trying is causing a lot of stress for you.
>>
>>18456528
Get fucked, anon isn't there to be emotionally black mailed or gilt tripped into hearing someones shit everyday. You can be supportive but it's a shitty thing to weigh someone down with your problems all the time.
>>18455286
I had a friend like this when I was dealing with my own shit. Tell him you are having a hard time too and he should seek professional help instead .Then tell people it's too much for you to handle alone and that you tried to convince this friend to get the help they need. Just because you aren't at somones beck and call, doesn't mean you are Hitler.
>>
>>18456528
Life's too short to deal with burdens like that. And someone like OP describes IS a burden. Regular people know where to draw the lines and keep their boundaries clear. People like OPs friends aren't just going through horrible times, they're a consistent drain on other people's lives.

His friend needs to find professional help. Fuckwits like you need to understand that.
>>
>>18456490
You sound like a selfish prick. No one's entitled to OPs time, asshole. If you're a depressive victim like OPs friend, which I'm sure you are given your comments, go get some fucking professional help.
>>
File: 1498373066651.jpg (44KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498373066651.jpg
44KB, 479x640px
I have an internet friend who consistently gets mad at me for suddenly not responding during our internet chats. He's not wrong, it's a bad habit of mine since I'll just get busy sometimes.

But the thing is, he does it to me all the time. I don't care about the leaving myself, but it pisses me off that he holds me to a standard he himself doesn't even follow. What should I do?
>>
>>18455286
As has been said many times, if he actively feels sad, he doesn't have depression and is an attention seeking piece of shit.
>>
>>18455286
OP he will not kill himself because of you. It's just a tool for manipulation.
You can cut him out of your life guilt free if he's so toxic to you.
>>
>>18455286
Phone an ambulance to his house next time he threatens suicide. Should teach him a lesson or at the very least get him out of your hair for a few days.
>>
>image uses point about not being able to bully people just to bully people, disproving his own point
Kekkikovsky
>>
i am one of these people.
im the friend that will say "im sad"
i dont do it very often anymore.
i realized my friends have no obligation to help me and its not like they can all of my problems are in my head and i should solve them there as well.
im assuming your friend is like me
just tell him you cant always be there for him and that youre not his mom and/or therapist.
i dont know how he will take it but when my friend told me that i understood and agreed
>>
>>18456373
It's fucking genetics in my case. It's not just WAAAAAAH! LIFE IS SO UNFAIR!, I'm literally genetically predisposed to having a brain that's almost always in "Oh god, everything is horrible!" mode even when I consciously know that nothing is wrong. There's a difference between self-pitying whiners and people with actual depression, asshole.
>>
>>18456373
>no real talents
>nothing I have any sort of passion for doing
>still pretty solidly in the "Who the fuck am I and what the fuck do I want to do with my brief time on this little rock?" phase of my life
>few friends
>no relationships since high school
>live in shitty small town with few opportunities outside of fast food or Walmart in the poorest state of the US
But "Waaaahhh, life is so hard and you should feel sorry for me," I guess.
>>
>>18456483
>>18456752
You're a shit friend. "Oh, I can't be fucked to offer even a modicum of support if I don't get anything out of it, so it's better to just ditch 'em." is the mark of an objectively shitty person. How many "friends" do you go through a week?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.