[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creativity, gratification, discipline. I’m what you would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

Creativity, gratification, discipline.

I’m what you would call a Jack of all trades and truly a master of none. My problem is I’ve always been a creative person but never disciplined enough. I do one thing for a month, then switch to another, then focus on non-creative stuff (like work), then after a year I go back to the first thing. This way I make progress too slowly to ever be happy enough with the results to share them with anyone. Here’s two examples:

I can draw better than most people but after years with months long breaks it’s nothing to brag about. Almost everything I post to deviantart (yeah I know, but I need the feedback to keep doing stuff) I feel like deleting after a day or two.

I can compose music but I mostly make parts of songs and then keep them forever unfinished. Polishing them would take a lot of time and I probably still wouldn’t share them with anyone if they didn’t feel like professional pieces.

There’s more of these. I’ve tried lots of things. I don’t think it’s a question of finding the right medium. I know that with the right solution I could be really good at something. But creating quality stuff takes too much time/practice to keep me motivated. I’m almost 30 years old and so far nothing has helped.

I realise I probably sound like a pussy that needs to get some discipline and get shit done… but "I’m just gonna be disciplined and get shit done" hasn’t been helpful, so I’m turning to you for advice. Maybe you’ve been there.
>>
You're not even asking for advice, you're just humblebragging.
>>
>>18455227

No, I'm really not. I didn't even know that was a thing though.

I've got a few hours left of the weekend and I've been sitting all day trying to figure this out, so I really am starving for advice.
>>
>>18455209
Is there one specific thing you really gravitate towards? Like do you enjoy drawing above all else? What you need to do is find what you're REALLY passionate about and just go all in with that one thing. You think you're not that great at that one thing? Well you're not going to get better without really practicing that thing consistently. I hate to say it because it sounds cliche and dumb, but really all you have to do is just do it. Only your mindset is holding you back. As for discipline, that's really only something you can teach yourself. If you truly want something, you'll do whatever it takes to overcome whatever is holding you back, be it motivation, discipline, skill or whatever. Sitting and thinking about it all weekend won't do you any good. The harsh truth is that you need to stop telling yourself that you're not truly good at anything and become good at something. Literally, just do it. That's all there is to it.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.