[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to work an extra half hour everyday so I'll have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1492596249997.jpg (141KB, 1080x1106px) Image search: [Google]
1492596249997.jpg
141KB, 1080x1106px
I want to work an extra half hour everyday so I'll have +4.5 hours time off in lieu (9 days of 30 minutes) by Friday at the end of each fortnight to go home early.

Is this something reasonable I can ask my boss?
>>
>>18454496
Don't ask
just do

it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
>>
>>18454507
Your boss can get super pissed off if you skip one day without telling him before hand. It all boils down on what type of work you do and how good relation you have with your boss.
>>
>>18454496
What kind of work you're in? Most of times employee schedule is strictly tailored to the company's need to fulfill the quota on the timetable. You couldn't get it changed like poof without changing a lot of others' schedule and workflw.

Unless you're working as a gardenenr or housemaid, it's hard to ask, but still completely reasonable.
I'd say be polite and propose it to your boss first.
>>
>>18454496
Really depends on your relationship with your boss. I've had jobs that the management have let me do things like that because I am an ok employee. But I've had others that just hated me and i couldnt ask anything without basically sacrificing my soul because I was always hungover at work. It doesn't seem like a totally unreasonable request as long as you are not vital on friday and your hr department is ok with more than 9 hour shifts at a time.
>>
>>18454518
I'm a public servant and the hours are flexible enough so long as you do the hours between 7am and 7pm. Thing is I'm asking to leave at around 1pm every second week which is a bit different to just starting early and leaving early for that day.

>>18454507
>>18454517
Feels like a bad idea to just leave halfway through the day without much notice.
>>
>>18454520
My boss and I get along fine, but I definitely wouldn't consider him a friend, more a friendly workmate.

Should also mention I'm a paper pusher and I don't face any clients/customers/outside people so its not absolutely necessary for me to be here on Friday.
>>
>>18454507
You're an idiot.

>>18454496
That's very reasonable if your work is the kind of work that can be done sooner rather than later. This wouldn't work if you were a chef or something of that nature but since the work can be done early I don't see why not. I had my boss make my schedule into three 13 hour days so I can have four full days off and it's great.
>>
>>18454559
Yeah my work doesn't require me to be at the office at exact hours, so long as the work gets done and I work the required hours it's fine. I drive around 3 hours to visit my parents every second week and the half day on Friday is basically so I can get there when it's still daylight. If I mention that I'm sure my request would feel more reasonable for my boss to approve of.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.