[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>27 socially inept yadda yadda yadda How do I find other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1495696561548.jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495696561548.jpg
59KB, 600x600px
>27 socially inept yadda yadda yadda

How do I find other geeks, "real" geeks in my age bracket? I've never really met any before till it became mainstream and everybody started claiming they were. I've been to 2 cons (not on my own, I'm not a creep, I went with my few normie "friends" and it wasn't for them), and they seem like normie central and all the geeks my age have already have a social circle.

Is it too late since geeks in their late 20s have already established their social circles?

(I'm in England if that makes any difference.)
>>
You know that you can be friends with someone who has different interests, right? You can even be friends with people who aren't the same age as you.
>>
Damn whats your career?
>>
>>18453562
>You know that you can be friends with someone who has different interests, right?

It would be easier for me to make friends with people who share my interests.
>>
File: 1496449246974.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496449246974.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
>>18453574
Wageslave in a supermarket.
>>
Bump.

Come on, this has to easier to answer than usual thread or bait threads.
>>
You play melee? Just judging by pic posted.
>>
>>18453558
The problem is that you make those kinds of perfect bracket friends [spoiler]Im in England too[/spoiler] earlier in life. Generally speaking when people go to cons they dont aim for friends
>>
>>18454842
I haven't it touched for years. I think was the only one in my area that got a Gamecube instead of a PS2.

>>18454848
>The problem is that you make those kinds of perfect bracket friends earlier in life.

Sucks that I didn't meet anyone into this earlier in life. My area was void of any culture really.

>Generally speaking when people go to cons they don't aim for friends

Kinda gathered that, it was more a fact-finding mission for a small business venture I was planning (still hasn't got off the ground) and just to see what goes on at cons.

I remember passing by the cosplay competition and seeing some young kids doing some cringe-worthy (then again it's kinda inherently cringe-worthy) item, but I was pretty envious of them to be honest.
>>
Check out your local LGS, get into MTG or D&D. If that's not your crowd, try find a hackerspace club, not sure how common they are (might also be called progamming or electronic hobbyist groups) but most uni club listings I've seen in Aus have one or two.
>>
>>18455141
>but most uni club listings I've seen in Aus have one or two

I've finished uni years ago, though I remember the anime club table having literally only the organiser at it. Maybe I should have joined it.

>Check out your local LGS, get into MTG or D&D

Not really my thing, but at this point I'm kinda desperate.
>>
>>18455141
>Check out your local LGS, get into MTG or D&D

What are the people like at these things?
>>
>>18455226
Where in England are you? Why not just go to those kinds of things on your J's or have a butchers at meetup groups for nerds?
>>
>>18455626
London. Not central.

>on your J's
My what?

>meetup groups for nerds?
I'll take a look.
>>
Bump, cos I don't have anything better to do.
>>
File: 1494093993045.jpg (471KB, 1988x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1494093993045.jpg
471KB, 1988x1836px
I'll wait here.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.