[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does someone stop themselves from being overwhelmed by the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

How does someone stop themselves from being overwhelmed by the amount of choices you have in life in general? I fell like there's 5 different things I want to learn how to do, but I know I won't have time for them all. I want to learn Japanese, learn guitar, learn how to draw, learn how to video edit, learn how to get good at fighting games, etc etc....

But that's not the only thing I feel overwhelmed by choice though. I want to leave my current garbage retail job for anything better paying, but I'm overwhelmed by all the choices out there and can't decide on one I should apply for. Even when I have free time to do things I get overwhelmed by what game I should play or what show I should watch to pass time.

How to I get this sense of dread? How do I get better at figuring out what I want to do in life with the limited time I have?
>>
>>18453473

By realizing that you're not going to get anywhere by overthinking everything and to actually try and do some of the things you want to do.

Hell, put all your choices on a dart board, aim and throw. Or make it a dice roll, or a roulette wheel, whatever you want to do to leave it up to luck instead of what you want because you technically want all of it. This would be a good way to pick a starting point.
>>
>>18453473
Fuck if I know.

If you can manage to choose between all of them myriad of options before you, you're golden. Otherwise, you're fucked.
>>
>>18453473
I feel you anon. I'd go for prioritizing what's more beneficial for your life at the current moment. Make one thing a main goal and then maybe have 1-2 of those other things on the side you can do on your downtime.

If you wanna play fighting vidya, I can help you get good.
>>
I'll make it easy for you OP: learn guitar, fuck bitches
>>
>>18453473
> learn how to video edit
That takes like, a few hours.

> I want to leave my current garbage retail job for anything better paying
Honestly, since competition for jobs with more money is big, the wage slavery truth is that you maybe need to put most of your effort into getting training and skills required for this first.
>>
My advice try all of them. Also if you get good at fighting games your friends will never want to play.
>>
No.18453473

Been there also,

You know what's the best answer?
Go on and try the things you'd mention one by one for at least an hour each. By then you'll figure out on yourself what you liked the most.
It is important that you love what you do,
You will never know that if you don't try.
>>
>>18453473
get a master and have them decide what you do. If you do make sure you get a good one!
>>
Final bump.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.